Is Orr over hyped/rated

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I thought that this thread was about Robert Gordon Orr. Colton can fight, he is okay. Bobby would have mopped the ice with him, as he usually did with opponents.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think he's starting to slow down, as someone else said earlier.

When you fight that kind of wide open style, it's only a matter of time I guess. He's fun to watch, so I hope not, but his chin might be going.

straka91*

He got dropped by Parros, PARROS. Non pun directed towards Parros. Orr's chin is getting weaker it seems.

Do some of you still call me crazy for not putting him in my top 5?

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
ap-f26714d5932a4c3a8b0b2b143b61548b.jpg

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
Orr is what he is. He came into the league and went toe to toe with anyone, usually winning because of his iron jaw. However this jaw of his which was his biggest asset is quickly on the decline. Do the math:

He has gotten dropped what 5 times in the last calender year?

prior to that how many times did he get dropped in the previous 3? I dont think any..

He is on the fast-track to being the next Fedoruk and i highly doubt he even last through his current contract. He is a big shot away from having serious concussion issues since he has already had multiple in the last year, including last night when he was KTFO..

Jackie Treehorn

Sep 5, 2008
I think he's starting to slow down, as someone else said earlier.

When you fight that kind of wide open style, it's only a matter of time I guess. He's fun to watch, so I hope not, but his chin might be going.

Maybe, but it could just be that he's a wide open fighter so he's got tagged a few in a row too. That's maybe the way it will go woth Orr, he's the all or nothing kind so maybe he's just a bit cold right now. Listen, I'm a Sens fan, and I think Carkner is great, so i obviously hate Orr, but you've got to give him credit, he's entertaining as hell and his right is a bomb.

Last edited:

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Leaf's management needs to protect the kid. Have him get his knee scoped, all pro athletes can use a minor scope. Let the team use that as an excuse to let him sit out the rest of the season to recover from pounding his brain has taken this season without having to say he is punch drunk.

The guy is turning into Kyte.

If he wants to keep firing away he needs to tuck his chin in like Sandy McCarthy used to.

Last edited:

s dubay

Jul 17, 2005
Sask
I think Orr lost his footing more then actually got knocked out.Hit his face on the ice pretty hard and Parros sure didnt help matters by landing on his back.At least when Orr knocks someone out he kind of "helps" them down. ie Carkner

The Big Swede*

Orr will go toe to toe with anyone and more then often lets his chin unprotected.Of course,hell get dropped from time to time.

I have to admit,hes got me scared with all the shots hes taken as a Leaf player thus far

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Leaf's management needs to protect the kid. Have him get his knee scoped, all pro athletes can use a minor scope. Let the team use that as an excuse to let him sit out the rest of the season to recover from pounding his brain has taken this season without having to say he is punch drunk.

The guy is turning into Kyte.

If he wants to keep firing away he needs to tuck his chin in like Sandy McCarthy used to.

Kyte is actually a really good comparison, he threw some hammers and was willing to leave himself open to land one of his own. That kind of thing takes a toll after a while.

When I was a kid I never realized how good of a fighter Kyte was in his prime. I started watching around 1990, which is about when his slide started. It wasn't until later on that I saw some of his earlier fights and saw how dangerous he was back then. It makes me wonder if kids who start watching now or in the future are going to think of some the guys we considered top ten as bad fighters. Although, they have the benefit of the internet and places like DYG and hockeyfights.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
hes turned into a bit of a ***** lately... he can only beat carkner now. if i was carkner i wouldnt fight him anymore and orr would just go around the league and getted *****ed by all the heavys like he is now

Carlton Orr*

TO still plays the Pens twice more this season. For Orr's health and safety, he shouldn't play.

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I seem to recall after he beat the snot out of Stortini he ran from MacIntyre the rest of the game.

1) He took on Stortini cause he knee'd Grabovski
2) We were already in full control of the game by that time, no sense in giving momentum to the other team

Seriously, think before you type people.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
2) We were already in full control of the game by that time, no sense in giving momentum to the other team

1)I don't care why he fought Stortini
2)A won fight by Mac would have changed nothing in the momentum, Oilers were getting spanked regardless. The point is if he is such a legit heavy as many Leafs fans proclaim he would have no qualms about fighting Mac, instead he backed away from every challenge. He doesn't want any part of MacIntyre and you know it. Can't really blame him, he was lucky to get away from Mac in the last fight without a caved face.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY

Actually the documentary Oil Change showed Orr turning down Big Mac on multiple occasions.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Kyte is actually a really good comparison, he threw some hammers and was willing to leave himself open to land one of his own. That kind of thing takes a toll after a while.

When I was a kid I never realized how good of a fighter Kyte was in his prime. I started watching around 1990, which is about when his slide started. It wasn't until later on that I saw some of his earlier fights and saw how dangerous he was back then. It makes me wonder if kids who start watching now or in the future are going to think of some the guys we considered top ten as bad fighters. Although, they have the benefit of the internet and places like DYG and hockeyfights.

Funny, because i am the opposite with Kyte. I remember him early on being a scarey fighter then didn't see him that much. I never saw him get pummeled by Brown or dropped by Kocur until maybe 6-7 yrs ago thanks to the internet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad