Is Nicolas Roy the most underrated player in the NHL?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Staal gifted him a goal. Nice shot though.

He's a pretty effective player, but I don't think he's underrated. He's just not well known.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I remember reading he was a #1 overall pick in the QMJHL entry draft when he was 15 years old. Then he kind of disappointed but turns out he's an effective, high IQ player. He doesn't have high-end skill or speed but he uses his big body and gives Weber/Chiarot trouble. That says something and he has not peaked as a NHL player.

He's like a Tim Kerr/Wayne Primeau.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Title states whats being asked.

wow--we are getting desperate for topics this off season

Curious if I start a thread that suggest Fernado Pisani is the most underrated player of all time how long it will last

Roy has had a good playoffs so far 7 pts in 16 games averaging 14 minutes a game

regular season he 15 pts in 50 games averaging 13 minutes a game

You may not know this--but Vegas has a pretty stacked team and not sure how you can say I guy who bounces between being a 3rd and 4th liner is the most underrated player in the league

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
wow--we are getting desperate for topics this off season

Curious if I start a thread that suggest Fernado Pisani is the most underrated player of all time how long it will last

Roy has had a good playoffs so far 7 pts in 16 games averaging 14 minutes a game

regular season he 15 pts in 50 games averaging 13 minutes a game

You may not know this--but Vegas has a pretty stacked team and not sure how you can say I guy who bounces between being a 3rd and 4th liner is the most underrated player in the league

Please start that thread.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Credit to him for the GWG tonight, but what I will remember from tonight was him getting his shot blocked by Staal and then falling and going face first into the boards.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He’s a 24 year old bottom-6 forward, who just played his first full NHL season (last year he was 50/50 NHL/AHL), of course he’s going to have minimal hype.

I like him though. Big, pretty physical, good skater for his size, hounds you on the forecheck (like most VGK players), good defensively, has untapped offensive upside. Has even been good on draws these playoffs, which is normally a weakness for him. I’d say he has a solid shot to be a very good 3C, and could possibly even mature into a quality 2C (though 3C is significantly more likely).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad