Is NHL 13 worth buying?

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I am a big hockey fan and had every NHL since '06. Because of limited roster updates to 13 because of the lockout. I am a HUGE Be A GM (BAGM) or the Franchise/Dynasty. So some questions I am asking are. Are the trades in BAGM better?Is overall gameplay good? Is BAGM good? Is online good? Is the Be A Pro mode good (BAP)? Is BAP hard? Is the online BAP good? Are there a lot of people with mics on online BAP? Be free to leave reviews or thoughts on the game. Also, answer other questions you might find important. Thank you.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I recently got the game and I'd say it's worth it. Trades are a lot more realistic in Be a GM. The new skating system and the winter classic are welcome additions to the EA NHL franchise as well.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I recently got the game and I'd say it's worth it. Trades are a lot more realistic in Be a GM. The new skating system and the winter classic are welcome additions to the EA NHL franchise as well.

Does the game have lasting value? Basically, does it get boring. Because if I get it and its not good I will ending up playing something else.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What are you looking for? Are you looking for a fun hockey experience or more of the GM experience?

I like NHL 13 (although I don't play much because the lockout has soured me on hockey), but there is an in-depth Franchise Hockey Manager text sim coming out in a week or so, if the GM experience is more what you're looking for.

I Am Score*

No, it is not worth buying. The game is overall boring and the developers are rude as hell.

They are even running illegal contests on Facebook and block you when you complain legitimately about the game. People were complaining about a contest they had and they literally stated "Thanks for the comments guys. Keep them coming"

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
What are you looking for? Are you looking for a fun hockey experience or more of the GM experience?

I like NHL 13 (although I don't play much because the lockout has soured me on hockey), but there is an in-depth Franchise Hockey Manager text sim coming out in a week or so, if the GM experience is more what you're looking for.

Well, last year I hit BAGM hard, but then I got tired of the trading system that was ridiculously screwed up. So I went straight to online. I got really into online be a pro. So both, I guess. I mean I've looked on IGN and other sites, but I don't think they understand how to be a hockey fan like this and we are.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Two new things I like is the "True Broadcast" camera angle because it feels like an authentic NHL game while playing it and addition of the net cam because we can see the replay from that point of view.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Two new things I like is the "True Broadcast" camera angle because it feels like an authentic NHL game while playing it and addition of the net cam because we can see the replay from that point of view.

Well are the overall graphics good? Like do some things look farely realistic?

RangersChamps2417

May 9, 2011
Northern NJ
I went out and got it two days ago. I have to say, I'm very impressed. I like it way better than 12, and it plays very realistically. Also, I like the changes to the trade logic. Keeps the game more realistic

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Feels the same as every new annual game. Fun, you notice the changes and updates, but people are bound to get used to it then start complaining about the little things after a while.

It's worth the money in my eyes, but I've spent 60 dollars on games that I played 30 minutes before.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I do think it is worth it - and I did not even have a game console. I am 40 and haven't played any games like that since I was in college in my early 20s.

After the 1st month of the lockout, I broke down and bought a PS3 and NHL13. It's still the only game I have - as I am not really into games. I just love hockey.

So, it cost me over $300 with the cost of the machine. I love it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad