Is next draft deep one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Habs4ever said:
Will there be very good player available at 10th position next year draft or is the draft strong for first few picks and weak after that??

compared to last year i'd say it's pretty weak! i think top 6 can get a pretty good player and after that it becomes a crap shoot. But maybe thats because in comparison (in my mind) not too many drafts can compare to 2003's except maybe 1991. I see this draft unfolding like 2001's where there was the russian super star and the OHL prodigy at the top with not TOO much behind those 2

IkeaMonkey*

Habs4ever said:
Will there be very good player available at 10th position next year draft or is the draft strong for first few picks and weak after that??

Who knows? There could be a hall of famer after the first 150 picks. You never know, but its supposedly weak from the other 20 threads we have on this issue.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I think its very top heavy. The top 15 or so has some very very good players, all with star worthy qualities. But after that, it suffers a bit of a drop off.

Its essentially just your average draft year, nothing special, but not a weak draft either IMO.

X-SHARKIE

IMO 2003 was the best draft of the decade. The top end talent, except for Ovechkin is a step above 2004. Not to mention just look at the depth. Peter Vrana in the 2nd round? Lou Erickson 2nd round? ect.

Dont get me wrong, I'm excited about the 2004 draft class. The first round is definitly a good one. 2003 is likely to have people going, wow he was a steal , 7th round and look what he's doing!

If your team has a pick in the first 20 your good. Theres alot more goal scorers in the 2004 draft.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
considering the 2003 draft was only the 3rd draft of the decade....that's not a hard claim
and I think that there was a lot more to the 2001 then someone said, I mean Chistov was arguably said to be more talented then Kovalchuk...

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
forbesy said:
considering the 2003 draft was only the 3rd draft of the decade....that's not a hard claim
and I think that there was a lot more to the 2001 then someone said, I mean Chistov was arguably said to be more talented then Kovalchuk...

where the hell did you read that? that is rediculous, no one would claim that, before the draft or now! Get over Chistov, he is not that good and never will be, 2nd liner at best! PSHH leave it up to a hockey fan form california to make that claim (even though cali hockey suprisingly has been putting out a few players like Sterling and Earl) but i guess it hasn't fully caught on yet haha

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
JNRhockeyGURU said:
where the hell did you read that? that is rediculous, no one would claim that, before the draft or now! Get over Chistov, he is not that good and never will be, 2nd liner at best! PSHH leave it up to a hockey fan form california to make that claim (even though cali hockey suprisingly has been putting out a few players like Sterling and Earl) but i guess it hasn't fully caught on yet haha

One off the top of my head would be Kyle Woodlief from Redline.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
JNRhockeyGURU said:

Hey we have more talent than that! Bobby Ryan of Owen Sound for one, 3 players on the USNTDP, etc! :p

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Brock said:
One off the top of my head would be Kyle Woodlief from Redline.

that is exactly why Woodlief shouldnt even be allowed to watch the sport anymore. Claiming Chistov is more talented than Kovalchuk and leaving Schremp off the top 10...that right there is enough for everyone to cancle their redline subscriptions...but im not going to rant about that guy anymore!

Hitman*

JNRhockeyGURU said:

Oh wow. Thanks to you, I can now dismiss anything somebody from New York says about hockey. For a guy who claims to be a Junior hockey guru, you know dick squat about this guy.

He was considered the most talented European in the draft. He had amazing speed, vision and great hands. but he was small. Kovalchuck was considered such a homerun because of his combination of size, speed etc. which he could use to be a dominating NHLer.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Hitman said:
Oh wow. Thanks to you, I can now dismiss anything somebody from New York says about hockey. For a guy who claims to be a Junior hockey guru, you know dick squat about this guy.

He was considered the most talented European in the draft. He had amazing speed, vision and great hands. but he was small. Kovalchuck was considered such a homerun because of his combination of size, speed etc. which he could use to be a dominating NHLer.

yeah and look how rediculous those claims turned out to be! Chistov was invisible for most of the game against the islanders yesterday, wherever his talent is, he must have left it in Europe before coming over! Maybe him and some of the other euro's in the NHL should go back and try and find their talent where they left it

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
JNRhockeyGURU said:
that is exactly why Woodlief shouldnt even be allowed to watch the sport anymore. Claiming Chistov is more talented than Kovalchuk and leaving Schremp off the top 10...that right there is enough for everyone to cancle their redline subscriptions...but im not going to rant about that guy anymore!

So you can make all these comments about Woolief but you insult a fan's inteligence about something just because he is from California? Looks like the Californian who doesn't watch hockey ever and just goes and plays on the beach all day was right... :shakehead

IMHO, 01 has been the best draft so far. It has potential to produce the most stars, and I don't see as many coming from 02 or 03.

But it's just a little bit;) too early to make such a predicion.

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:

Look robbie's little brother you have shown no knowledge at all so far in your postings other than the fact you worship in the cult of Schremp. Give it up. I can see you now wearing your robbie game worn from when he was 13 and being huddled behind your computer waiting for your mom to bring you some hot coco. Once again the cult of Schremp tries to tear down anyone who speaks out about Robbie and his family's strange outlook on things like school and being part of a team.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
I heard it too. I think it was THN that said Chistov had as much (if not more) NATURAL ability as Kovalchuk, but because of size differential went a bit later. IMO Chistov should have gone 3rd in 2001 ahead of Svitov and Weiss.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
JasonMacIsaac said:
Really??????

I can see the following becoming stars in the NHL from the 03 draft.

Staal, Fleury, Horton, Zherdev, Sutter, Parise, S Bernier, Brown, Nillson, Perry, Belle

exactly! 03 draft was incredible! it has to be for a player like Patrick O'Sullivan to fall the way he did (i dont care how many off ice thigns happened, he was not a late 2nd rounder) and in any other draft he would have been mid 1st!

Hitman*

JNRhockeyGURU said:
yeah and look how rediculous those claims turned out to be! Chistov was invisible for most of the game against the islanders yesterday, wherever his talent is, he must have left it in Europe before coming over! Maybe him and some of the other euro's in the NHL should go back and try and find their talent where they left it

Well, not all scouts can see into the future. But you have the real gift, 20/20 hindsight. I take it you didn't see him in the WJCs, or ever I imagine before he was drafted. He's not the only player who's been called the next....(insert star here).

If I remember correctly, it seems that Americans coming out of the CHL seem to fall on hard times living up to their hype. Legwand, Connolly, Bosignore. Schremp better be careful he doesn't leave his talent in Ontario.

Hitman*

JNRhockeyGURU said:
exactly! 03 draft was incredible! it has to be for a player like Patrick O'Sullivan to fall the way he did (i dont care how many off ice thigns happened, he was not a late 2nd rounder) and in any other draft he would have been mid 1st!

Could it have been his poor WJCs? Him walking out on the IceDogs at the beginning of last season when they were doing good.

Attitude and psycological issues have a lot to do when drafting players. he might have been a mid-round 1st in the 2002 draft just because it was so weak, but he'd probably go in the 2nd in the others as well.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Hitman said:
Well, not all scouts can see into the future. But you have the real gift, 20/20 hindsight. I take it you didn't see him in the WJCs, or ever I imagine before he was drafted.
Good point. His goal on Pascal Leclaire was the turning point to their Gold medal win against Canada in 2001. Before that, it was all Canada until he brought the Russians back in it.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Hitman said:
Could it have been his poor WJCs? Him walking out on the IceDogs at the beginning of last season when they were doing good.

Attitude and psycological issues have a lot to do when drafting players. he might have been a mid-round 1st in the 2002 draft just because it was so weak, but he'd probably go in the 2nd in the others as well.

he walked on the icedogs? are you sure? i know he was sent home for stealing sticks in december...are you sure? NOTHIGN WILL EVER TOP HIS FATHER FORGING HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO PLAY IN 14 FESTIVAL haha thats a classic!

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
he walked on the icedogs? are you sure? i know he was sent home for stealing sticks in december...are you sure? NOTHIGN WILL EVER TOP HIS FATHER FORGING HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO PLAY IN 14 FESTIVAL haha thats a classic!

Ladies and gentlemen place your bets: Is JNRhockeyGURU a brother or sister of robbie, A cousin , an aunt or uncle, close family friend, Robbie's mom or dad or finally a paid shill for the family.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
DR. Holiday said:
Ladies and gentlemen place your bets: Is JNRhockeyGURU a brother or sister of robbie, A cousin , an aunt or uncle, close family friend, Robbie's mom or dad or finally a paid shill for the family.

i don't even know him, ill stop talkin about him from now on after this post, but i just want to know if all of you really feel this strongly against him for good reason or are you just tyring to have your opinion be "different" just to be heard? It's really sick how tuff you have all been on him since he was 13...really disgusting.

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
i don't even know him, ill stop talkin about him from now on after this post, but i just want to know if all of you really feel this strongly against him for good reason or are you just tyring to have your opinion be "different" just to be heard? It's really sick how tuff you have all been on him since he was 13...really disgusting.

lol poor robbie he is a victim of the mean fans on hockeys future.

Yes there is reason the Kid walked out on his team like a spoiled brat because they wanted him to go to school like a normal kid. This kid and his family have contract headache written all over them. School..... Blah I'm a hockey god!!!!! Hey Robbie hope you nevr blow out a knee or get a bad concussion because there is really not much demand for a spoiled kid without his high school Degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad