Speculation: Is Murray ticket at Spetsa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
The rumour mill is heating up with the Sens interest in Evander Kane. I have been thinking a lot about the post season and how Spetsa (yes I spelled it Spetsa) basically lied his way back into the lineup and aided the team doing poorly vs Pit. Is Murray ticked at Spetsa, and if so, could he be part of a package going to WPG ? Will WPG accept Spetsa knowing he has a history for playing when he shouldn't be playing ?

For those of you who have blind support for Spetsa I'm not trying to start problems but I'm seriously concerned that Murray has had enough. Being untruthful to the coaching and training staff has to be the last straw imho.

Edit: The Kane talk is on the NHL "Free Agent Frenzy" board.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Is there anything at all that suggests Murray is angry at Spezza? I haven't seen anything.

He played fine in his few playoff games, basically as well as most people expected.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Ummm.... Main, I love ya, but can you substantiate any of this?

Well, it's speculation. I'm kind of asking the forum to provide input if they feel Murray will let him go. As for him lying to get back into the lineup - I think that's covered pretty clearly in his post game remarks from game 5.

Edit: The Kane talk is on the NHL "Free Agent Frenzy" board.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Haha, too funny.

I see what you did. Normally players who are so dedicated to the team that they try to fight back early from injuries are held in high regard, so you reversed it. I didn't see the yellow text underneath about April Fool's Day or anything like that though.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Im not going to a sens game for a whole year if we do that deal. ELITE BELOVED CENTER for a classless winger

Calorissi

Jan 16, 2004
Manotick
I think the team really wanted Spezza to play in hopes it would help the power play and give the team a much needed boost. I don't think he would have played had they not really needed him. You could see he wasn't ready. He was the anti-Hasek if you will. I wonder if the Kane rumors have legs because I can see Winnepeg being in cap trouble.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
You can't really "lie" to the medical staff. They know their stuff. They have been known to turn a blind eye in the realm of sports at times, but that would be on the staff and not on Spez.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
AllyBankTruckCommercialrv-YouTube-GoogleChrome_2011-11-17_23-12-57.png

brianleetrolling.png

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Ok now this business of Spetsa not being truthful about his status is being called into question, so now I have to go back to the pre and postgame videos of nhl.com and re-watch his remarks. NEXT TIME I expect you people to be aware of these things so you don't cause more work for me. I'll post the links in a moment...*frustrating*

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
um... i think we're done here. If you want to propose spezza trades, use the trade rumors thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad