Is Mitchell Marner a top 10 NHLer this year?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The players association won't let Florida players accept 2-3 million less. That hurts all NHl players.
Ryan Mcdonaugh, Callahan, Ekblad. Are players really underpaid in Florida/

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The players association won't let Florida players accept 2-3 million less. That hurts all NHl players.
Ryan Mcdonaugh, Callahan, Ekblad. Are players really underpaid in Florida/
The players on the Panthers are not underpaid because they don't pay any state income tax. So in effect that's why a team like the Lightning can offer a player a little less in terms of the AAV on a contract and they tried to use that advantage to sign Tavares.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
funny how matthews is supposed to be our franchise player yet Tavares and Marner are proving to be way ahead of him
That's not true... Marner and Tavares have each other, while Matthews was playing with 2nd rate linemates all season... Matthews still has one of the best ppg and gpg rates in the league. If he didn't get hurt, and had 1st class linemates, he'd be destroying the league right now.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
That's not true... Marner and Tavares have each other, while Matthews was playing with 2nd rate linemates all season... Matthews still has one of the best ppg and gpg rates in the league. If he didn't get hurt, and had 1st class linemates, he'd be destroying the league right now.
In the games he's played, he HAS destroyed the league. He's unreal.

Tavares, Marner, and Matthews (for the games he's played), along with Rielly, have all been top 20 in the NHL so far this year. The only reason Matthews falls out of the top 20 is that he hasn't played all the games.

I just hope it lasts.

Reactions: TDotMassive

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Mitch has always been a center. He just lines up as a winger now.
Ya, I'm not sure why we don't put Mitch as our 3rd line center, shift Kadri down to 4th. LOL... I know its madness for a bunch of reasons, but what a unreal 4 centermen we could put down the middle: Matthew, Tavares, Marner, Kadri

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ya, I'm not sure why we don't put Mitch as our 3rd line center, shift Kadri down to 4th. LOL... I know its madness for a bunch of reasons, but what a unreal 4 centermen we could put down the middle: Matthew, Tavares, Marner, Kadri
He’ll play center at some point during his career here, no doubt.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

I think you mean first line center with the way he's playing this season. You could make a good case he's the 5th best player in the league this season, and not just because he's 5th in points either because his two-way game has been unreal.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Tavares, Marner, and Matthews (for the games he's played), along with Rielly, have all been top 20 in the NHL so far this year. The only reason Matthews falls out of the top 20 is that he hasn't played all the games.

I just hope it lasts.

Matthews still has a better PPG rate than Marner this season and in his career so far. Reminder that Matthews is still a great player and an elite producer. He can easily have more points than Mitch if he can play a whole season. One year Matthews could win the team scoring title, another year it could be Marner. We have 2 great players here no doubt.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I just hope it lasts.

Agree and he still has a chance to finish among the top 20 scores (if he is healthy for the remainder of this season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad