Is Minnesota the biggest disappointment in the league?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Hardly screams best top 6 in the league

Never said they were you said they were at the bottome of the league in scoring goals. This year they are no where near the bottom when it comes to scoring goals.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If you think the Avs are the biggest disappointment, because they were supposed to repeat their success last year, go park yourself in front of a mirror for a good while and have a nice long talk with yourself about what you know about hockey.

Wild are the biggest disappointment by far and no one can take that away from us.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Also, if you're mentioning UFA signings as a reason we aren't doing great this year, go take a walk.

The top four reasons we aren't doing anything this year:

1) Awful goaltending after the first 10 games.
2) Worst PP I've ever seen, ever
3) Mike Yeo
4) Ryan Carter has been our best C all year

Parise and Suter are the only guys playing consistently well game after game, and Vanek, all though not getting the goals we hoped he would get, is still one of the leaders on this team in points.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
If you think the Avs are the biggest disappointment, because they were supposed to repeat their success last year, go park yourself in front of a mirror for a good while and have a nice long talk with yourself about what you know about hockey.

Wild are the biggest disappointment by far and no one can take that away from us.

But their CHPQ is better than more than half the teams in the league! They can't be the biggest disappointment, lol.

;)

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I don't get the built through free agency comments. What were the wild supposed to do. They weren't bad enough to get high draft picks. There only big free agents were suter, Parise, and Vanek. Suter and Parise have been far from disappointments and I think Vanek will heat up and not be as bad as he started off.
Just a silly, forced narrative from people who don't know much

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not going to bicker about which team has been the most disappointing, but the Avs, Stars, and Wild are all pretty disappointing.

The funny thing is that both the Jets and Preds have stepped it up. I wouldn't be surprised that in the next few years that the #3/4 teams in central change each year (Hawks and Blues are always going to make it each year).

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

The Bruins and Jackets have been injury riddled, so they're out. Everyone knew the Avs would regress, for sure, with the unsustainable play and poor possession numbers. I mean, they have Holden, Redmond and Guenin, 3 AHL caliber d-men, as regulars heading into the season. That alone is cause for concern, so the Avs are out. Hell, people could see the Stars reasonably regress due to their terrible D as well, so they're out too. The Wild, on the other hand? They added Vanek for what was seen as a hometown discount (especially in the term department), as well as getting full seasons out of guys like Haula to add depth scoring, it was reasonable to expect the Wild to be the 3rd/4th best in the division on paper, even with the question marks in goal.

Even though I'm a Leaf fan first, I've always really liked the Wild and do root for them whenever they don't play the Leafs or Sharks, but I don't really know how anyone else can be a bigger disappointment than the Wild this year, unfortunately.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I'm not.

Think of how good the Wings would be with Suter on the top pairing instead of Ericsson. Kindl pushed out of the lineup and instead of having him having any minutes you have Kronwall-Suter-Dekeyser-Smith-Quincey-Ericsson instead. You understand how much better that makes the Wings?

As a Wings fan who thought Suter to Detroit was a forgone conclusion, it frustrates me to see him go to Minnesota and wonder what could have been. Especially since Minnesota with Suter has been arguably worse than Detroit without Suter. Like, come on, man.

It really is a shame.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
By far the biggest reason the Wild suck is Darcy Kuemper. Guy is rocking a near .850 save% and 4GAA in the month of December.

The blown Rangers game broke him and just a couple games later he passed the required games played to require waivers to be sent down.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
By far the biggest reason the Wild suck is Darcy Kuemper. Guy is rocking a near .850 save% and 4GAA in the month of December.

The blown Rangers game broke him and just a couple games later he passed the required games played to require waivers to be sent down.

To be fair, there was far too much pressure on him and very little support system for him. He's not a veteran, it's only his first full year, so combine those three things and this could have been predicted.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Not going to bicker about which team has been the most disappointing, but the Avs, Stars, and Wild are all pretty disappointing.

The funny thing is that both the Jets and Preds have stepped it up. I wouldn't be surprised that in the next few years that the #3/4 teams in central change each year (Hawks and Blues are always going to make it each year).
both of those teams are built on years and years of suckage. Yes they look good now but they could regress backwards at some point.

Nothingman*

both of those teams are built on years and years of suckage. Yes they look good now but they could regress backwards at some point.

Kind of like what your team was built on? Hawks also sucked and drafted poorly. It is not foolproof....ask the Oil. That is the most simpleton hockey thought that is way too common here on HF.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
No. The wild were built on mediocrity. They have tried to use free agency to put them over the top. They are a stronger team than there record shows. Hopefully they can put all the pieces together.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Minnesota has been a bit too reliant on big name free agents making up the core of their team in recent years. In my opinion at least. UFA is risky and not an ideal path to go for that.

I'd say they've been the most disappointing. On paper, looking at names alone, they should be good enough for the playoffs. Dallas was a team people thought or hoped would take the next step, Minnesota is a team people thought were already at that next step. Nobody should be surprised by Colorado. Nobody who follows statistics or understands how to look beyond single season accomplishments.

Acquiring Suter and Parise instantly turned around the franchise. Yes maybe Vanek is a mistake, who else have we gotten in FA besides those three that we gave significant money?

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
I would say

1. Avs
2. Stars
3. Wild

Let's bee honest here. There should be zero expectations of Edmonton until they actually prove something. Then label them as something other than ****.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
They will turn it around.

When all is said and done, they are kicking one of Vancouver or Winnipeg out of the playoff picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad