Is Mike Card the Next Jiri Drtina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Card like Drtina is considered to be an offesive minded defenseman. Also Drtina like Card was highly regarded going into his draft year before faltering and sliding in the draft. People seem split on Card. Is he a legitimate first round prospect for this year's draft? On will he slide much like Drtina did into rounds 4,5, or even later? Any thoughts?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i think he'll be a late first to early third, somewhere in there....

drafts always have some surprise picks, gms picking favorites, going off the board..

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I really don't see Card going in the first round I'd say second at best.

If I was looking for a mobile defenseman in the Dub I'd go with Mike Green from Saskatoon. I'd say he's the better player now and in the future.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Card and Drtina are different in many cases, though Drtina has the potential to be a top flight offensive threat on the ice, he leaves his defensive job hanging for either his defensive partner or forward to either take the load by himself or have a forward cycle back to take over his position ala Ozolinsh. Mike Card has good defensive ability to go along with good QB play, I think he will pick his game up this year to be a good one for the draft, IMO Card has the ability to be a mid fto late 1st round pick.

Avery4Byng*

Card needs to be more consistent to be a high draft pick. One Night he is all over the ice, the next night you gotta look down the bench to make sure hes even in the bulding. Give him some time, now that Keith wont be back he will QB the PP all year with Gorges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad