Is Max Pacioretty still with the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Last time I heard of him, he was getting a surgery for his appendix. Has he come back yet?

I remember him as a developping power forward who was scoring goals at a regular pace last year. He was a scoring threat on almost every shift. Do you guys know if he's still around the team this year? Has he been traded or something?

Seriously, I'm a big fan of MaxPac, but his play right now is worrying. Is he still troubled by his surgery?

DD and Cole has taken most of the criticism because of the lack of production of their line. But I think they both increased their intensity these past few games. Not Pacioretty. He doesn't skate, he doesn't hit, he doesn't crash the net and he barely touches the puck. He's like a ghost out there. He got 2 scoring chances tonight but they were more the result of his linemates work. Pacioretty, so far, is a non factor.

I hope he wakes up soon because the Habs need him really bad. Go Max!!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Sometimes players have down years. But it's worrying. If we had last year's Pacioretty we would look a lot better.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It sucks that the majority of players in the league would come back 8 days after an appendectomy and be in mid-season form where as we are stuck with this bust who only has a league worst 6 points in 9 games. Would San Jose be willing to send Gomez back for him?

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
He wired a wrist shot either late in the first or early in the second there I forget that was marked for the top left corner and it went off the butt of Theo's stick and went into the mesh. Bit of a bad luck there.

If you remember last year he had a stretch where he couldn't score to save his life. When he did finally score he made a gesture like he was taking the monkey off his back. They started going in regularly after that.

He just needs one to go in and he'll be back to scoring regularly. He's getting the chances.

Last edited:

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
He wired a wrist shot either late in the first or early in the second there I forget that was marked for the top left corner and it went off the butt of Theo's stick and went into the mesh. Bit of a bad luck there.

If you remember last year he had a stretch where he couldn't score to save his life. When he did finally scored he made a gesture like he was taking the monkey off his back. They started going in regularly after that.

He just needs one to go in and he'll be back to scoring regularly. He's getting the chances.

This is what we haven't seen enough from him. Last year he would just shoot lasers at will and most of his shots were dangerous.

I'm not worried but he needs to score soon, he's our best sniper.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
His shots usually end up in the goalie’s chest, he looks weak in his 1 vs 1 battles and, as soon as he gets in the slot, his killer instinct vanishes. Contrary to his 2011-12 linemates, I see no progression in his play. Cole is still looking for his top gear but he did step his game up a notch and Desharnais has been playing good hockey lately.

Pacioretty can and should bring more to the table. Maybe his surgery (appendicitis) is bugging him more than he cares to admit; if it’s the case, he should take a week off and let Eller pick up the slack.

However, the panic button is light-years away. Pacioretty is a smart, level headed and powerful player: he will battle his way out of it.

Assuming a healthy Pacioretty, I would be willing (and curious!) to try Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher.

PS Jigger77 is right: after a nice set up by Desharnais, Max did riffle a nice top corner shot that almost went in. That was a vintage 2011-12 Pacioretty shot and I hope to see more of them in the upcoming games.

Last edited:

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Maybe he moved in the same retirement home as Erik Cole ;)

Seriously, I think he just should have taken some time off after the surgery ; build back his strength and energy level, and then comeback to play.

He looked like a great teammate and warrior with the miracle comeback ; on the ice, not so much...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
OF COURSE I'll admit that he was great for us last year, but at the same time I never pictured him as a great player. Most of his goals last year were garbage goals. Yes, 7-8 were laser beams, but on most nights I thought he was not THAT dominating, but because he was around the net he was able to get a goal here and an assist there.

He's a player I like, but I don't expect much more than 50-55 points/season on average from him. Dustin Brownish numbers with less of a physical edge?

Plus, everyone on his line hasn't played great this year. He's fine, just don't expect him to get 50 points in 48 games.

Last edited:

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I'd love to see anyone criticizing Pacioretty try and skate a week after surgery let alone play an NHL game.

We get that but it's been 3 weeks now. If he was not ready to play then maybe he should take a rest.

That said, I agree with most people here. I'm not to worried and he should get his fair share of points. Actually, with the way DD and Cole played tonight, I expect them to be reunited permanently with MaxPac again and to all to start producing at a regular pace soon. And Bryzgalov sounds like the perfect victim.

drewbloodfins

Jan 23, 2013
Oakville, ON
We get that but it's been 3 weeks now. If he was not ready to play then maybe he should take a rest.

That said, I agree with most people here. I'm not to worried and he should get his fair share of points. Actually, with the way DD and Cole played tonight, I expect them to be reunited permanently with MaxPac again and to all to start producing at a regular pace soon. And Bryzgalov sounds like the perfect victim.

That sounds good.

I can appreciate just as much as anyone how quick Pacioretty came back to the team, but was it too soon? Maybe. Maybe not... Making speculations about certain players because of past games and seasons is fine, but for any organization to succeed, you have to leave the past alone and consider how certain players are contributing now... and not 3 or 5 or 10 games from now.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Max did quite the disappearing act. He looks rather slow and always out of position. Taking a lot of bad shots.

Last edited:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
He'll be fine. He has 28 shots without a goal, that kind of bad luck won't hold up forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad