Is Matthew Tkachuk better than Nikita Kucherov right now?

Is Matthew Tkachuk better than Nikita Kucherov right now?

• Yes Tkachuk is the best winger in the NHL

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • No Kucherov is still the best winger in the NHL

Votes: 54 62.1%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Neither are the best winger in the NHL

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Let’s just say if he was on the Blue Jackets, they would be in the playoffs.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Matthews had his best season and finished 6th in points and 4th in PPG last year.

Kucherov last year finished 3rd in points and 5th in PPG

As you can see they were very close statistically. But what makes me lean Kucherov is that it was probably not even a top 3 season of his career, and he simply has a longer track record of very elite production

Tkachuk will have to repeat his production, and/or kucherov will have to decline for me feel confident in ranking Tkachuk > Kucherov.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don’t think either is better than Rantanen personally. I’m sure there’s a couple other wingers. Pastrnak, etc.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Still Kucherov.

Look I'm not a fan of Tkachuk, but there's no question he's been very impressive past 2 years and is trending up big time. Maybe he passes Kucherov eventually, but as of today I still have Kucherov ahead.

Kucherov is #1 winger in the league.

Reactions: Felidae

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I don’t think either is better than Rantanen personally. I’m sure there’s a couple other wingers. Pastrnak, etc.
Pasta, Kuch, Rants, M Tkachuk, Robertson, Marner, Kaprizov, Breadman,.... Any of those guys could seemingly be the highest scoring winger in the league with others like B. Tkachuk, Bratt, Connor, Tuch, Nylander etc. kinda nipping at their heels.

That's without a resurgence from guys like Huberdeau and Gaudreau, who obviously have the talent to score at high rates. The wingers in the league are really, really good and any of them could conceivably be the "best winger" in the league for a season.

But its still Kuch to me! 122 points in 88 games (this season + last) for him, 121 points in 87 games for Pasta, 113 for both M Tkachuk (84 gp) and Mikko (87 gp).

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Pasta, Kuch, Rants, M Tkachuk, Robertson, Marner, Kaprizov, Breadman,.... Any of those guys could seemingly be the highest scoring winger in the league with others like B. Tkachuk, Bratt, Connor, Tuch, Nylander etc. kinda nipping at their heels.

That's without a resurgence from guys like Huberdeau and Gaudreau, who obviously have the talent to score at high rates. The wingers in the league are really, really good and any of them could conceivably be the "best winger" in the league for a season.

But its still Kuch to me! 122 points in 88 games (this season + last) for him, 121 points in 87 games for Pasta, 113 for both M Tkachuk (84 gp) and Mikko (87 gp).

I think there’s a clear top 6, Pasta, Kucherov, Rantanen, Tkachuk, Kaprizov and Marner. No way can we put other players who don’t have the two-way game in the same tier as Marner or players like Robertson who have only had 1 elite season.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad