Is Matt Frattin still Leafs property

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
People were speculating they already have a deal in place on the Leafs board that he will sign after the frozen four, I don't know all the rules but if he signs with the Leafs he wouldn't be eligibil to play for Dokota is that right? Idk just what I heard

mbowman

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto/Halifax
People were speculating they already have a deal in place on the Leafs board that he will sign after the frozen four, I don't know all the rules but if he signs with the Leafs he wouldn't be eligibil to play for Dokota is that right? Idk just what I heard

he's not allowed to sign a pro contract until his season finishes. then if the leafs don't sign him by some time this summer (mid august i think?) he becomes a UFA

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
he's not allowed to sign a pro contract until his season finishes. then if the leafs don't sign him by some time this summer (mid august i think?) he becomes a UFA

As I said it was speculated and I think someone via twitter said he has made a verbal agreement saying he will sign just waiting after the frozen four

Edgeworth*

Leafs have until August 15th (I think, somewhere around there) to sign him. They can't call him up until UND is eliminated from the tournament and if they can't fit him on the Marlies during their regular season they'll probably wait around a bit before re-signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad