Is Maroon the answer to our toughness issues?

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Maroon is not an enforcer not even close
He is a skilled power forward who keeps getting better every game.
If he tried to fight a player like Neil he would have gotten killed
He is an answer to some size but not toughness. Lol at people saying he has no spot, any competent coach would insert him over the likes of Winnik, Etem or even at times Palmeiri

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Maroon is not an enforcer not even close
He is a skilled power forward who keeps getting better every game.
If he tried to fight a player like Neil he would have gotten killed
He is an answer to some size but not toughness. Lol at people saying he has no spot, any competent coach would insert him over the likes of Winnik, Etem or even at times Palmeiri

A content coach wouldn't have two promising players in the pressbox. If Boudreau is gonna play Maroon over Etem or Palmieri he needs to make a trade or send one of them to the AHL. As for Winnik, I don't see how benching him helps in the size department. It certainly doesn't make the team better defensively, and a content coach also values defense.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Being big doesn't make Maroon a power forward.

And it's a little ridiculous to imply that Boudreau is incompetent, considering the record Anaheim has since he's arrived.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
A content coach wouldn't have two promising players in the pressbox. If Boudreau is gonna play Maroon over Etem or Palmieri he needs to make a trade or send one of them to the AHL. As for Winnik, I don't see how benching him helps in the size department. It certainly doesn't make the team better defensively, and a content coach also values defense.

I wouldn't make a trade, its duck season and all our Ducks are getting shot down. I'm glad we have such a deep lineup

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Being big doesn't make Maroon a power forward.

And it's a little ridiculous to imply that Boudreau is incompetent, considering the record Anaheim has since he's arrived.

while this is true. his regular season stats are great but we've seen him out coached in the PO's as well as in regular season games sometimes. not to mention his random line generator seriously pisses me off.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Finally played last game, will he play a few. Or back in the pressbox?

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
while this is true. his regular season stats are great but we've seen him out coached in the PO's as well as in regular season games sometimes. not to mention his random line generator seriously pisses me off.

he has put the line generator under a bit more control after the first few games...could be injuries are disguising it.

will have to see if we can ever stop losing players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad