Is Marek Schwarz still considered a top goalie prospect?

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
habsfan15 said:
Is he still considered St.Louis's franchise goalie?

I noticed people seem to have him low on lists now.

Did he have that bad of a season?

:dunno: :dunno:

From what I can gather from the Blues board he went back to the Czech league with the promice to be a Starter and ended up being a backup. I know the Blues have signed him to a contract so It will be interesting to see how he does. I dont know how much this year back home hurt him.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
execwrite said:
No, he didn't have a bad season. He just didn't play much because his team went with the veteran. He made a big mistake going back to Europe.

Yeah, but when he was last a starter (in Vancouver), he looked terrible. Out of position a lot and seemed tiny in his net. His athleticism is good, but that will only get him so far.

chlebak

Mar 21, 2006
Litvinov
execwrite said:
No, he didn't have a bad season. He just didn't play much because his team went with the veteran. He made a big mistake going back to Europe.

he had bad season. He was sent to lower league, but he had 4 bad games in a row so he was sacked. That is the reason, why he was a backup. At WCJ too, the results was not so good, how we expected.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
apparently, Schwarz was also using the larger goalie equipment in the CzRp as well...which causes even more concerns for the Blues organization. If he couldn't compete in a lesser league, with larger equipment, it doesn't bode well for his attempt in North America to become a bonefide #1 NHL 'tender. It's too early to say he's going to bust....but there are plenty of warning signs.

I wouldn't have any problem using Schwarz as a piece in a trade to move up in this draft....or into next year's 1st round....but hopefully he'll find his game with the lots of playing time that the Blues are sure to get him now that they've gotten him signed...

2ForRoughing*

Frankly I couldn't care less about anything other than what I've seen from this kid: he has amazing reflexes and a great glove hand. I personally think he is a real talent in net and will be a top flight NHL goalie when he gets his positioning down a bit more. You cannot teach the talent that is apparent when you watch the kid play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->