Is Mantha a play driver?

Is Mantha a player driving winger?

• Total voters

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
he was just #1 in the league in relative cf% and relative xGF%, so it would be very weird to say he doesn't drive play for his team
So by these metric, you considered Pacioretty a play driver when he was an Habs? ( i’m refering to the him beings an Habs because i haven’t followed him closely since).

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I despise them term ‘play driver’. how do you even define it?

Even the latter term, who are some prototypical ‘complimentary players’?

Reactions: MessierII

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
A) Artemi Panarin
B) Chris Kreider
This.
A play driver is someone who carrys the puck, controle the pace and what is going to happen.

complimentary player will possesion himself, work around the net, create space, win board battles.

Panarin is indeed one of the best play driver, Kane, Kucherov, Barzal etc. I realy fail to understand how someome would qualify Mantha as a play driver. He’s the pure definition of a complimentary winger, wich theres nothing wrong with, it’s very valuable.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This.
A play driver is someone who carrys the puck, controle the pace and what is going to happen.

complimentary player will possesion himself, work around the net, create space, win board battles.

Panarin is indeed one of the best play driver, Kane, Kucherov, Barzal etc. I realy fail to understand how someome would qualify Mantha as a play driver. He’s the pure definition of a complimentary winger, wich theres nothing wrong with, it’s very valuable.

You're defining it differently from those with whom you're arguing. You're defining a "play-driver" as somebody who generally assumes the role of the primary puck carrier on their line.

Most other people define a play driver as a player who has a strong positive impact on their team taking more shots and quality shots than their opponent. Using that definition, Mantha is indisputably a high end play-driver.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, Mantha would be viewed as a Tom Wilson / Josh Anderson level power forward if he could make it through a season. Correct, this is what I said. As for now, he's a player that gets injured ever year and flirts with 50 pts.

Then explain the, "I wonder why", comment about Mantha producing at a higher rate than Wilson, because you're moving in circles at this point.

"Mantha could be a Josh Anderson-level power forward if he could make it through a season", is one of the funnier statements that's ever been made on HF... And that's a broad list.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Then explain the, "I wonder why", comment about Mantha producing at a higher rate than Wilson, because you're moving in circles at this point.

"Mantha could be a Josh Anderson-level power forward if he could make it through a season", is one of the funnier statements that's ever been made on HF... And that's a broad list.

Mantha's PPG is skewed because he never plays a full season. That is what I'm saying.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
its play maker or goal scorer or complimentary player . mantha is more valuable than a complimatary player and just as valuable as many play makers . complimentary players are guys that dont score alot or carry the puck up , they do other things like crashing net and hounding opponants

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Mantha's PPG is skewed because he never plays a full season. That is what I'm saying.

Right. Reasonable to assume that a guy who put up 38 points in the 43 games he played would've only scored 6 more in the next 25 games to match Wilson's production...

Use your head.

Also, way to abandon ship on that Josh Anderson comment.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad