Is Malkin Worth Losing For Vanek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

I could trade up my 2nd overall pick for T.Vanek.Obviously,Malkin would be taken with that pick.Having Vanek could benefit me right away,seeing as he just signed a contract with the Sabres.Hoping he's not a bust,do you guys believe he will get more goals than Malkin?Or do you think it would be worth me waiting on Evgenii for 2-4 years?Remember,i'm only looking for goal scoring potential.Thnx

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Keep Malkin, what did the guy spend for Vanek? a 5th, 6th rounder? Just hit yourself on the head for not taking Vanek yourself before he did, but don't make the trade. He basically traded a 5th-6th for the 2nd overall entry pick. Which he might even trade subsequently for more value. It's how some GMs distance themselves from the pack with these "value trades".

Mr.Brownov*

He was his 6th overall pick last year.I passed up Vanek with my first to take Zherdev!

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
With the situation right now in the nhl (cba, ...). Well, I wouldnt count on this too much but Malkin could very well be playing a game in the nhl before Vanek for all we know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad