NFL: Is Mahomes the most entertaining player to watch in the history of football?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know it's been like ~20 games, but I've never seen anything like this. He's just a pure joy to watch.

Other names to come to mind are Barry Sanders and Randy Moss.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
No.

Randy Moss
Barry Sanders
LT
Brady
Vick

Just off the top of my head
This isn't an argument about the best, it's just entertainment value. Brady sticks out like a sore thumb for entertainment value.

Mahomes is like Brett Favre's gunslinger mentality but with unrivaled arm talent, and a tendency to pull off highlight reel throws more than any other QB as well. I think his arm talent overcomes Vick's legs alone.

Reactions: BlueDream

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As a passer? Yes. Not even debatable.

But for me, I preferred watching Adrian Peterson run over people.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As a passer? Yes. Not even debatable.

But for me, I preferred watching Adrian Peterson run over people.
Yeah AP was a pretty unique combo of power and cutting ability. As a Vikings fan I thought he was amazing to watch, but I still don't think it compares to Mahomes, at least for me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Prime Michael Vick was my favorite qb to watch but pure passing? Absolutely. He basically dials up NFL Blitz da bomb and makes accurate 70 yard throws on the run like it’s nothing

Terrific player

Mike Alstott the GOAT to watch tho

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a hot take. I'm only my 20s but imo the most entertaining player i got to watch was prime Vick. Dude looked like he was right out of a video game.

Mahomes is fun as hell to watch, but that's a lofty expectation given some of the players we've seen (Sanders, Moss, Fitzgerald, etc)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Barry Sanders, Devin Hester..... heck, is he even the most exciting Chief? They had a dude named Dante Hall?

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
I know it's been like ~20 games, but I've never seen anything like this. He's just a pure joy to watch.

'Most entertaining' is subjective, so I don't begrudge your subjective opinion.
But I've heard this case made many times since the 8os. Every couple years, the marionettes eagerly emerge out from behind their face paint, block cheese hats, & foam fingers.. and declare the next revolutionary QB. The entertaining, dual threat who will eradicate the pocket passer.
Randall Cunningham, then Kordell Stewart, Vick, RG Knee, Kaepernick, & sCam Newton.. now Mahomes & Lamar Jackson.
I understand entertaining doesn't necessarily mean better.. but the two always become conflated in fan perception. And it has ended (so far) with no championships & unfulfilled, but recurring hype. We'll see with Mahomes, but one good season & he's already getting a lion's share of endorsements & coronation. Feels familiar..

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
'Most entertaining' is subjective, so I don't begrudge your subjective opinion.
But I've heard this case made many times since the 8os. Every couple years, the marionettes eagerly emerge out from behind their face paint, block cheese hats, & foam fingers.. and declare the next revolutionary QB. The entertaining, dual threat who will eradicate the pocket passer.
Randall Cunningham, then Kordell Stewart, Vick, RG Knee, Kaepernick, & sCam Newton.. now Mahomes & Lamar Jackson.
I understand entertaining doesn't necessarily mean better.. but the two always become conflated in fan perception. And it has ended (so far) with no championships & unfulfilled, but recurring hype. We'll see with Mahomes, but one good season & he's already getting a lion's share of endorsements & coronation. Feels familiar..
Dual threat QB is not what Mahomes is as all. He was by far the best pocket passer in the league last year.

Reactions: Amerika
Oct 18, 2011
I was watching him early in that game vs OAK and he seemed off or not focused and someone must've said something to piss him off because it turned into bombs away. He is as good now as Aaron Rodger was at the top of his game, he can make every single throw, he can fire rockets, he can put touch on it..unbelievable he might be the best pure talent we've ever seen at QB

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This isn't an argument about the best, it's just entertainment value. Brady sticks out like a sore thumb for entertainment value.

Mahomes is like Brett Favre's gunslinger mentality but with unrivaled arm talent, and a tendency to pull off highlight reel throws more than any other QB as well. I think his arm talent overcomes Vick's legs alone.
Just depends on what you find entertaining. I find Brady extremely entertaining to watch. Maybe the word you are looking for is "electric"?

Reactions: Bronn

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Vick for me in "recent" years.

And LOL @ someone calling Mahomes a dual threat QB. Try watching him play.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Everybody acting like this guy doesn't exist.
492519.0.jpg

Reactions: zombie kopitar

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
in recent years for QBs its definitely vick

as for overall players. moss, barry sanders, LT, and rice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->