Is Mackenzie Blackwood currently the best goaltender in the Metro?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
This thread was destined to fail because the Devs are not good. They had a quick start but nothing more. Blackwood is a good goalie but he doesn’t have a team in front of him. Aside from Ty Smith, the entire defense needs to be shipped out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
NJ sucks a giant set of donkey balls.

He gave up 9 goals in the last 2 game set against the Rangers. I'd say at most 1 goal was one that he should have stopped (Fox's goal, which was a breakaway no less). He got hung out to dry big time and I don't know many goalies who would have faired any better.

But this is who he was last year too. He had a stretch of games over a 2.5 week span where he was next level, but everything else around it was a mixed bag. He missed time and hasn't gotten to accumulate enough starts to get to the better parts of that mixed bag. He isn't .904 save percentage bad, but he isn't .925+ good either.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Everyone talks about the Rangers, Sens, Canucks, etc as teams of the future. The Devils have a really good thing going for them. They still have a bit of work to do in their rebuild, but Blackwood backstopping it all for the future is gonna be great to see . . for both New Jersey and Team Canada (That's right I said it).

I know Newark, New Jersey isn't paradise, but that hockey team of there's isn't too shabby. Lots of promising youngsters.
you should build from the backend but Schneider was once the best young goalie in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad