Is Luca Sbisa the worst NHL regular?

Is Luca Sbisa the worst NHL regular?

• Total voters

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I hate to pile on a guy, But
From an analytics side a case could be made for Sbisa being one of the worst d-man in the league.
If you were to qualify players who had played 300 minutes or more he is at the bottom of the league for defenseman in multiple categories.

To put it simply when sbisa is on the ice it is a Shooting Gallery on MAF
Steve Santini for NJ is a nightmare and even worse.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Bieksa makes Sbisa look like Trouba

Bieksa is no longer an NHL anything. :laugh:

Anyway voted yes out of anger. As a Ducks/Knights fan I have had the misfortune of having Luca Sbisa on my team more than any other fans. Yes he's terrible. No he's probably not the absolute worst, but he's damn close. And it's all because he has zero brains. He's got all the physical tools you want in a d-man just nothing between the ears.

Reactions: Gainesvillain

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
the thing is he's not a regular anymore and he looked pretty good against Winnipeg, he made 2 bad plays at the wrong time that resulted in 2 goals.
The only difference between sbisa's performance against winnipeg and Washington is that fleury wasn't there to bail him out

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I'd give most of the sabres D a hard look before jumping to this conclusion....but otherwise he frickin might be lmao

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Nathan Beaulieu was a level of bad this season that I didn't know was possible at this level

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Bieksa and Girardi were both still regulars this season so no he’s not.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Marincin ( Not regular..but still), Letang, Sbisa, Polak, and Sustr.

Letang just put up 51 points. He had a down year by his standards but he’s not far removed from being a top 10 Dman in the game. Critique his IQ all you want but he’s immensely talented and productive.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
lol OP has never watched Andrej Sustr. Dude has the bodily coordination of a fresh born baby horse or giraffe learning how to walk. He played in better than half our games and was STILL a -5 on a team with a +60 scoring differential. His crowning achievement is that he once managed to be a -2 in 3 minutes TOI on a night we scored 5 times. It's unreal how bad he is. Every time I watch him I'm reminded that life truly is not fair because someone like him can suck for this long and still have a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad