Is Lehner the best Swedish goalie this season ?

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Yes. Buffalo seems to leak shots against, but Lehner is saving most of them.

1. Lehner
2. Lundqvist
3. Markström
4. Nilsson
5. Läck

Many would put Nilsson at #3, and I could see why. But as he's played a handful game less than JM, and has a worse GAA but a much better Sv% I return to the "Buffalo leaks shots"-argument. Anyhow, the Buffalo Swedes are doing very well and it's cool to see a Swedish tandem again.

Gustavsson, Enroth, Hellberg and Ullmark are in the AHL so left out here, obviously.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I think many of you guys are forgetting about Enroth. Absolutely stellar performance this season

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lehner as the best Swedish goalie?....is somebody kidding?....the guy moves like a dreadnought in the crease....he's not even as good as Jacob Markstrom.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Lehner as the best Swedish goalie?....is somebody kidding?....the guy moves like a dreadnought in the crease....he's not even as good as Jacob Markstrom.

Yeah the older goalie with about 40 less games played career wise then Lehner with a career .906 svp? Lehner has a career .919 svp. He's better then Markstrom easily. Kind of pointless thread there aren't many Swedish goalies and it's Lehners by default since Lundqvist is having an off season. Lehners in the middle of the pack for goalies, probably in the 15-20 range.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Buffalo plays a style that boosts goalie's sv% (all goalies have better sv% the more shots they face) though Lundqvist has been average so i guess, yes.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport

He doesn't move like a Littoral combat ship that's for sure. But he's the size of a Battleship. He doesn't need to hop around like a PT boat to be effective.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
As an Ottawa fan, I really didn't want to see him go but I feel like the organization had no choice. He was pretty vocal about wanting to have an opportunity to be the starting goalie right now but Anderson was just playing way too good for Ottawa to take him out for any extended period of time. Lehner would have become a distraction eventually in the locker-room.

He always had the physical ability, I think it was the mental part of the game that wasn't fully developed but looks like it's there now

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What with all the goalies leaving Ottawa and becoming Vezina caliber?

Have you not realized that every goalie (Ever since 2011-2012) who played in Ottawa has posted at worst only somewhat below average stats (Hammond this season doesn't count), and many posted legendary numbers (Anderson lockout, Hamburglar run).

Also Lehner plays on a team that minus Enroth has always had goalies posting great Sv%. Elliott posted great stats on the Blues, but otherwise has been a tire fire. Bishop is the only goalie who you can make a point that played better out of Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad