Is Kucherov a top 10 player in the NHL

Is he?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Am I cool to love a player on my favorite team.
Answer is no to both questions

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
How is Karlsson ahead of him now when like three weeks ago he was 'declining' and 'can't skate like he used to'?

I think he's the 3rd-5th best forward behind Crosby and McDavid and in a group with Mack, Hall, Kopitar and the like and I don't think I could rank any D or G above him.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
McDavid Karlsson Crosby Malkin Hedman. Though guys like Matthews MacKinnon Marchand Hall Hamilton are close
Hamilton?!

Just on his own team Giordano was WAY better than him last season. Dougie is close to elite offensively but he's soft as hell and not close to good enough defensively to be anywhere near those other guys. This isn't baseball, advanced stats are not nearly as clear a measuring stick as your Hamilton ranking implies you think they are.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
How is Karlsson ahead of him now when like three weeks ago he was 'declining' and 'can't skate like he used to'?

I think he's the 3rd-5th best forward behind Crosby and McDavid and in a group with Mack, Hall, Kopitar and the like and I don't think I could rank any D or G above him.
I’ve never said EK is declining

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kucherov is 4th in points (only a couple behind McDavid) the last 3 seasons... behind only Kane, Crosby & McDavid... hes also 5th in goals (only 3 behind 2nd place Tarasenko). He's easily a top 10 player.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I’ve never said EK is declining

I didn't say you specifically did.

But lately - hell not even lately, it's been going on for a year or so, there's been a small narrative that Karlsson 'will never be the same as he was', and I see that's been tossed aside, saying this as someone who thinks EK is great, already a Hall of Famer and very happy he's out of the division.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He's top 5 i think

crosby/malkin/mcdavid/karlsson i'd rank as top 4. He has an argument for 5th

top 10 is 100% imo.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I didn't say you specifically did.

But lately - hell not even lately, it's been going on for a year or so, there's been a small narrative that Karlsson 'will never be the same as he was', and I see that's been tossed aside, saying this as someone who thinks EK is great, already a Hall of Famer and very happy he's out of the division.
IKR, guy had a down 2/3 of a season (he was great again down the stretch) on an AHL tier team and all of a sudden he’s not a top 5 player anymore, lol

EDIT: most players would still kill to play like Karlsson did in the first part of this season recovering from an injury, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->