Is he?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Do people think he isn’t? The only players above him at this moment would be Crosby, McDavid, Karlsson, and maybe Malkin.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If you're including Dmen then I guess that might make it close. If just comparing all forwards, he's definitely a top 10 forward. Top ten player of any position would be more open to debate and interpretation, but I think he'd still make my list -- top 15 for sure.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I guess he could be. I always feel like defensemen get a little underappreciated in lists like these. For example, you might look at the stats and think Kucherov is even a top-5 player, but I would rank Hedman ahead of him still.

I'd probably put Karlsson, Doughty, and Hedman all ahead of him. So is he within the top-7 forwards in the league? Yeah it's probably fair to say that at this point. So he could be top-10 (without even including goalies).

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I guess he could be. I always feel like defensemen get a little underappreciated in lists like these. For example, you might look at the stats and think Kucherov is even a top-5 player, but I would rank Hedman ahead of him still.

I'd probably put Karlsson, Doughty, and Hedman all ahead of him. So is he within the top-7 forwards in the league? Yeah it's probably fair to say that at this point. So he could be top-10 (without even including goalies).

That's more valuable. Nothing to do with who's better in a vacuum.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
McDavid Karlsson Crosby Malkin Hedman. Though guys like Matthews MacKinnon Marchand Hall Hamilton are close
So you’re saying Hamilton is the 3rd best dman in the league?
Matthews doesn’t belong close to there yet either

Reactions: olli

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
That's more valuable. Nothing to do with who's better in a vacuum.
What are you talking about? I think those 3 are better players.

McDavid Karlsson Crosby Malkin Hedman. Though guys like Matthews MacKinnon Marchand Hall Hamilton are close

Giordano has been clearly and easily the Flames best defenseman over the past 2 years, so unless you think Hamilton is taking a massive step forward this year, this a strange/uninformed opinion.

Reactions: Rasmi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad