Is Korshkov going to be a bust?

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I wanted Tyler Benson with the pick. Everyone said...INJURY PRONE!!!
lol Korshkov is toast for another year.
ps Tyler chipped 2 teeth at an Oilers rookies game.
Plus ca change......

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
It seems the Leafs wasted their 2nd round pick in 2016. Most of Leafs nation were beside themselves when Korshkov was picked when so many better players were going all around him. Most of HF at the time, thought Korshkov could have been gotten in the 4th round as he was not on anyones radar.

Lokomotiv just hired a new coach and Korshkov got moved to the 3rd line. And, it appears Korshkov has absolutely no desire to come to the NHL. If he was picked this year at the same pick, he would have been selected in the 1st round. Another Hunter blunder. I dont know why MH gets so much love around here. Or the Euro scout insisted Hunter take the player but Hunter had final say and the responsibility lay on his shoulders.

IMHO that was a waste of an early 2nd round pick. Not only has he turned out to be a dud, he also doesn't want to come to Toronto, or anywhere in NA for that matter. When he told the Leafs he wasn't coming, the Leafs were angry. You can read all this on his twitter.

He just turned 22 in July. Thats the age where good players have their first peek levels. Between 22 and 23, most good players have their first career year. Korshkov got worse and demoted from 2nd line to 3rd line.

What was your opinion on the pick?

your analysis is awful

3pts->12pts->19pts->26pts but he got worse?
also he didnt even turn 22 until THIS summer. so he was 21, not 22-23

draft + 2. kid improves point total both years but already a bust. GTFO!

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I think the further we get away from his tenure here, the less fondly we'll remember Mark Hunter.

2015 was a really good draft. It's a common belief hat Dubas was driving the bus in 2015, with the exception of the Marner pick (Hunter's familiarity from London played a part here). It was Dubas' choice to move down twice so we could pick up Dermott/Bracco/Dzierkals. Timashov was good value for where he was picked. We swung for the fences on talent in this draft and came away with some exciting pieces.

The 2016 draft? Matthews #1 (duh). Grundstrom was a pretty good pick. Korshkov picked before Debrincat/Kyrou/Girard/Hart. Brooks has shown flashes at the AHL level, but really needs to take a step this season. Middleton was a hulking pilon. The rest aren't even worth mentioning.

2017? Liljegren fell into our laps. Rasanen's development has stagnated and he put himself in a bad position by signing with Jokerit. The rest are dime-a-dozen prospects, with the exception of possibly Gordeev who moves well for a big guy.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I think the further we get away from his tenure here, the less fondly we'll remember Mark Hunter.

2015 was a really good draft. It's a common belief hat Dubas was driving the bus in 2015, with the exception of the Marner pick (Hunter's familiarity from London played a part here). It was Dubas' choice to move down twice so we could pick up Dermott/Bracco/Dzierkals. Timashov was good value for where he was picked. We swung for the fences on talent in this draft and came away with some exciting pieces.

The 2016 draft? Matthews #1 (duh). Grundstrom was a pretty good pick. Korshkov picked before Debrincat/Kyrou/Girard/Hart. Brooks has shown flashes at the AHL level, but really needs to take a step this season. Middleton was a hulking pilon. The rest aren't even worth mentioning.

2017? Liljegren fell into our laps. Rasanen's development has stagnated and he put himself in a bad position by signing with Jokerit. The rest are dime-a-dozen prospects, with the exception of possibly Gordeev who moves well for a big guy.

I never understood the hype surrounding hunter

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Yeah. I’ve liked some of his choices but way too many of the ‘16 and ‘17 draft choices followed the plan of “let’s pick skating giants and hope they find skill later”.

Part of the problem is folks talked him up like he was some sort of super scout, when in reality he’s likely mildly above average (or even just average at times). Though that in of itself is a fair improvement over most of the Leafs drafting of he past decade

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

member 300185

your analysis is awful

You seem angry. I didnt say he was a bust, I asked if people thought he was a bust. Learn to read before accusing people of stuff. So you GTFO.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
your analysis is awful

Guess this is why the two Russian scouts were fired and replaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad