Is Kopitar likely to have a down year?

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Kopitar was my 3rd round pick this year so his production so far is pretty disappointing. It's not just the box scores that are concerning as I actually watched him vs the Sens and the Leafs and he + the Kings just don't look good at all right now. The PP is a disaster and the team looks to have huge trouble scoring. Is it an early blip or should I try and trade Kopitar before he loses even more value?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Last several years he has been good year, bad year, good year bad year. If that trend continues, he is on the "bad year" part of the cycle for this season.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
It's only been 6 games. Not time to worry yet.

Last season might be his career high, since not too many guys consistently hit 90 points. But you should be able to expect 80 or more from Kopitar. Even a down year would be close to that.

He's actually getting a bit more ice time than before, so it's not like the coach sees something wrong. And he has more talent with him, so the opportunities will come. Wait it out, or you'll regret it later.

The Kings have had well documented failure on the PP so far this season, too. That makes things look so much worse. Not one goal so far with the man advantage. That can't continue forever. Koptar, Doughty, Carter, Kovalchuk. The points will come.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
The PP is slumping hard, which can't continue, also Kopitar has been a slow starter in the past. One of these days he'll wake up and log a 4pt night and be fine the rest of the way. Stay patient for now.

Mathew Goodwin

Oct 19, 2018
I have been offered Doughty and Kopitar for draisatil and praise. Does anyone think the kings will fix there problem were I should make this trade

Last edited:

Mathew Goodwin

Oct 19, 2018
Standard scoring. Minimal secondary points 10 team keeper..McDavid Ovi Tavares Point Grandland Couturier. D is Ekman-Larson Butcher ventana Ekholm and Weber on ir

Wonko

Oct 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
I think I would make this trade. Kopitar likely still puts up 70 ish points this season. Doughty be a nice addition to your D core. Parise is playing well but his age and injury history will rear it's ugly head soon enough and Draistl away from Mcdavid is not the elite stud he was with Mcdavid.

Kopitar can be a bit streaky and is well known for being a slow starter (last year being an exception). Like I said, I expect him to finish around 70 points this season. His skill level and utilization are tremendous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mathew Goodwin

Mathew Goodwin

Oct 19, 2018
Update I didn't make the trade because the guy withdrew the offer I did trade Ryan Orealy for Scheife and Brayden Point for liane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->