Speculation: Is Kerfoot s o f t ?

Is Kerfoot Soft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
If putting his body on the line makes him not soft, then he is not soft. Guy takes brutal hits ragularly. Now he occasionally rarely hits back, but not enough for me to qualify him as hard. so i'll just stick with 'not soft'. kinda sorta,

But whatever playing a physical game is just not in his wheelhouse. He's not that type of player. Few on our team are.

Also i noticed he was third line with Robertson in and thank god. hopefully he stays there.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Not overly. He'll take a hit to make a play at least. I was hoping he would be a contract year hero but he's costing himself money at this point.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
He fits right in with the way management wants the team built. Win or lose, that's why he's still here.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He is not soft but he is not gritty or tough either.
He is a Jack of all trade player bc there is nothing special about his game.
He ain’t the smartest player on the ice and is prone to make mistakes when the pressure of the game is on.
His shot is below average and his speed is abit over average.
He is a mid 6 on a bad team and bottom 6 on good teams. Ideally he should be a 4th liner where you are not expecting him to contribute any offence, but his contract is more on the 3rd line.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Kerfoot takes a lot of punishment and still keeps going.

As the beloved Borje Salming showed, you don’t need to inflict punishment to be tough.

Not soft.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He can both take a hit and even dish one out on occasion. He's not going to be physically imposing.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think if Kerfoot was drafted and developed by the Leafs people would love him a lot more.

He plays with heart and for a smaller guy takes a beating.

Being tied to the Kadri trade hirts him in the public eye.

He is not soft. I can't remember a player taking morr big hits and somehow never getting injured

Reactions: Sypher04

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
He sort of reminds me of Ponikarovsky. Kerfoot is very average, but not the size of Ponikarovsky. He takes dumb penalties like Ponikarovsky used to.

I kind of think he's soft too. Not Gardiner/Barrie/Liles soft, but close.

Reactions: ITM

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Kerfoot takes a lot of punishment and still keeps going.

As the beloved Borje Salming showed, you don’t need to inflict punishment to be tough.

Not soft.
1669427022923.gif

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
nah woudnt call him soft. I've seen take hits to make plays; go the net, take abuse near the board. He just doesn't dish it out.

would be good if he could maintain control of the puck when he is being bodied but oh well....

MSL did it at 5 foot 8 inches; am sure Kerfoot can learn to do it too; but whether he would is another discussion

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The fact that over half the votes in this thread are yes is honestly a real indictment of the intelligence level of posters here.

Kerfoot’s game isn’t even remotely soft.

He’s not physically rough/tough, but that in no ways equates to being soft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad