Is Kendall McCardle a smart hockey player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

I've seen this kid at the top prospects game and he was excellent. You can't really judge a kid how smart he is by tape...so I was wondering if someone could help me on this.

How is McCardles awareness? Offensive instincts? defensive instincts? I know he has the heart of a lion and can skate...reminds me of Richards a bit.

But how smart is he?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I've seen this kid at the top prospects game and he was excellent. You can't really judge a kid how smart he is by tape...so I was wondering if someone could help me on this.

How is McCardles awareness? Offensive instincts? defensive instincts? I know he has the heart of a lion and can skate...reminds me of Richards a bit.

But how smart is he?

I've only seen him play once, but it didn't look like he had a problem with the hockey sense. I dont know if he's got excellent, but from the one game i've seen it looked average.

I say he tops out as a really good 3rd liner that can sub on the 2nd if need be.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Reveille! said:
He doesn't have nearly the scoring instinct and drive to the net that Graves had.

Well he has more playmaking instincts though and he's just as humble from what I've seen and heard which isn't a whole lot.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Reveille! said:
He doesn't have nearly the scoring instinct and drive to the net that Graves had.

Not the skill, his style. Ans he is a very humble, sportsmanlike team player with enormous character. He's an old-fashioned player and they're hard to come by.

Don't kid yourself, he does barrel to the net with average hands but great gusto. He'd get scrappy and take a hit for a teammate, and he has to be the best leader in this draft after Crosby, Brule and O'Marra.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
BobMarleyNYR said:
Not the skill, his style. Ans he is a very humble, sportsmanlike team player with enormous character. He's an old-fashioned player and they're hard to come by.

Don't kid yourself, he does barrel to the net with average hands but great gusto. He'd get scrappy and take a hit for a teammate, and he has to be the best leader in this draft after Crosby, Brule and O'Marra.

Then how can he remind you of Adam Graves "in every way" if he doesn't even have the same type of game or whatnot? I don't even think his style is the same as Graves. I never got those comparisons and until he starts popping in 50 and playing the same crash and bang game, I never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad