Is Ken Klee (and by extension others) really this dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In an article in todays TO Sun, it is announced that ST money is being refunded to the rightful owners of said money.

Then there is this quote at the bottom of the article from PA mouthpiece Ken Klee...

"The last week or so, the number of guys who were coming out has really tapered off," he said. "Every time (the NHL) says it's crunch time, nothing seems to happen.

"Since (commissioner Gary Bettman) needs only eight teams for approval, I feel bad for the other 22 teams in the league who are being held hostage as a result."

Is he really THAT daft, to believe it is only 8 teams that are behind this whole debate?? How many others players are under the same delusion?

Wow.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2005/02/10/926464.html

Crazy Lunatic

transplant99 said:
In an article in todays TO Sun, it is announced that ST money is being refunded to the rightful owners of said money.

Then there is this quote at the bottom of the article from PA mouthpiece Ken Klee...

Is he really THAT daft, to believe it is only 8 teams that are behind this whole debate?? How many others players are under the same delusion?

Wow.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2005/02/10/926464.html

Sadly, I think most players are this blind. Not many hockey players are free thinkers, they tend to "follow the leader" and do whatever he says. They have a leader that lies and manipulates.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Are you really suprised by this?

Seems par for the course to get an idiotic response when you talk to a Leaf player about the lockout....

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
dawgbone said:
Are you really suprised by this?

Seems par for the course to get an idiotic response when you talk to a Leaf player about the lockout....

Domis quote the other day was a little bit more tame...

Klee is playing follow the leming...uhh leader, and the cliff is fast approaching...for Klee that is.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Crazy Lunatic said:
Sadly, I think most players are this blind. Not many hockey players are free thinkers, they tend to "follow the leader" and do whatever he says. They have a leader that lies and manipulates.

Free Thinkers, that’s a classic.

30 player reps, one president(Linden) and one super-agent Goodenow are running the NHLPA, no one thinks otherwise.

Have any of the players on the teams within the salary cap of $32-42 million(11) asked their players reps why they shouldn’t accept the offer? Note: Vancouver is only $74,500 over $42 million

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Klee turned down a 3 year/$2.2m per year offer from the Capitals ostensibly because the PA told him to and ended up with a one year deal in TO for $1.5m.

Yea, he is a believer.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
People believe what they want to believe. In the case of Klee and the 'PA, they have convinced themselves that there is really a deep split amongst ownership, because believing this corresponds with their preferred outcome and view of the world. The reality, which is that ownership is solid as a rock, is less comforting, so they choose not to believe it. You run into these kinds of people all the time, so why should hockey players be any different?

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
txpd said:
Klee turned down a 3 year/$2.2m per year offer from the Capitals ostensibly because the PA told him to and ended up with a one year deal in TO for $1.5m.

Yea, he is a believer.
I'll be lucky if I accumulate $1.5M in my lifetime.

That being said, my response to Klee's contract situation mentioned above is :lol

Last edited:

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Bryan Mccabe
Ken Klee
Tie Domi
Chris Pronger
Mike Modano
Vincent Damphousse

By far the players who have made the most ennemies based on some of the asanine stuff they have spoken during the lockout.

P.S. Notice how half those players are from the one team everyone loves to hate.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
AH said:
Bryan Mccabe
Ken Klee
Tie Domi
Chris Pronger
Mike Modano
Vincent Damphousse

By far the players who have made the most ennemies based on some of the asanine stuff they have spoken during the lockout.

P.S. Notice how half those players are from the one team everyone loves to hate.

Damphousee was a member for 3 years of that same team.. His roots. :joker:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
alecfromtherock said:
Free Thinkers, that’s a classic.

30 player reps, one president(Linden) and one super-agent Goodenow are running the NHLPA, no one thinks otherwise.

Have any of the players on the teams within the salary cap of $32-42 million(11) asked their players reps why they shouldn’t accept the offer? Note: Vancouver is only $74,500 over $42 million

There's the six vice-presidents as well (Guerin, Irbe, Klatt, Boughner, Alfreddson, Damphousse).

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
"Since (commissioner Gary Bettman) needs only eight teams for approval, I feel bad for the other 22 teams in the league who are being held hostage as a result."

It's more like 8 teams are being held hostage by the other 22. I'm sure Toronto, Detriot, NYR, Philly and a few other teams would've signed the players first offer in a minute.

The problem is that every player you hear about in the papers seems to be baising their opinion on those 8 teams.

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
You would get the same type of idiotic statments all around the league, it's just that Leaf players are intereviewed more because of the teams popularity

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
EdBelfour20 said:
You would get the same type of idiotic statments all around the league, it's just that Leaf players are intereviewed more because of the teams popularity

Or maybe because the reporters know that they can get these comments from a specific set of players? Why have Bryan Mccabe on Leafs Lunch three times in a month when you know what he is going to say?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Which are the eight teams he speaks about??

i would guess it's more like eight teams that are "being held hostage" and 22 that will want cost certainty.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
AH said:
Or maybe because the reporters know that they can get these comments from a specific set of players? Why have Bryan Mccabe on Leafs Lunch three times in a month when you know what he is going to say?

So it really doesn't have anything to do with the Leafs, per se, if that's true.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
All I know is, that Im a Leaf fan through and through; I bleed blue and white... and even I want McCabe, Klee off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad