Is Katz selling the team our only hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Honestly tired of all these washed up old guys trying to run a hockey team and getting nowhere, but Katz seems to love all the old useless management. Chia, Holland, Gretzky, Coffey, Nicholson etc - When does it stop? bring in some guys under the age of 50 with a mix of experience but open to new age ideas. Honestly don't see it happening with Katz owning the team.

Unfortunately he is so rich and doesn't even live here that I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Yawn.

Oilers fan hysteria is pretty exhausting. Take a walk or something.

Not hysteria, just an honest question. Last year I watched less games than ever, and next year that number will continue to shrink as the team continues to fail to get better. I don't get super upset I just quit watching and attending.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
If you can find a billionaire wanting to buy, great. We're stuck with this moron owner however, and his never ending love affair with the old boys' network (whether it's ex-Oilers, or imported clown shows from another organization).

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Relax bro. Keith might be overpaid for the next 2, but if you look at it from a glass half full side, imagine the things Broberg and Bouchard can learn from him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Honestly tired of all these washed up old guys trying to run a hockey team and getting nowhere, but Katz seems to love all the old useless management. Chia, Holland, Gretzky, Coffey, Nicholson etc - When does it stop? bring in some guys under the age of 50 with a mix of experience but open to new age ideas. Honestly don't see it happening with Katz owning the team.

Unfortunately he is so rich and doesn't even live here that I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

No. Just no. Katz buying the Oilers was one of the best things to happen to this fanbase. We didn't have to worry about the group of local businessmen having to sell the team to an outsider. We stopped having to worry about selling all of our players for futures when they were ready for big contracts. We didn't have to hear about the Oilers probably leaving, or about how we had the ugliest rink in the league.

I bet you couldn't even tell us what Gretzky or Coffey were responsible for with their roles here.

Reactions: Simby and oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad