Is Kadri redundant on the Leafs?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Read up and learn something new before you go to sleep!

You can legit so many players look good if you cherry pick stats that suit you. Funny how when you mention most common linemates theres no mention of Marner. Maybe Kadri played more with Komarov on his RW, but Kadri was barely producing until Marner was put on his line. Funny that gets left out tho.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
You can legit so many players look good if you cherry pick stats that suit you. Funny how when you mention most common linemates theres no mention of Marner. Maybe Kadri played more with Komarov on his RW, but Kadri was barely producing until Marner was put on his line. Funny that gets left out tho.

Would you just read the article linked instead of posting that nonsense? That is addressed in the article. Take 5 min and read, it's good for you.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Kadri scored just as many goals in 2016-17 as he did in 2017-18, when Brown and Komarov were his linemates. He never saw Marner, Nylander, or JVR, our best scoring wingers at the time that year. Komarov falling off a cliff offensively last year had more to do with Kadri’s slump than Kadri himself.

Let’s not forget Marner also benefited from being out with Kadri, as he was struggling to put up points alongside JVR and Bozak before being put with Kadri and Marleau.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

How is it cherry picking when he’s playing some of the toughest minutes and producing.

Sorry, the Leafs are not dumb. They won’t make shitty trades like Hall for Larsson.

The Leafs are 9-5 and have not iced their best lineup for a single minute so far this season. They are missing 2/3rds of their top line from last season.

How is having a back to back 30 goal centre redundant?

If he was out there playing against soft competition he can put up more points but we don’t need that from him because we have a plethora of talent. He’s the longest tenured Leaf, teammates love him, fans love him, the coach loves him and he’s got a sweet contract.

He’s not getting traded unless you are giving up something stupid good to get him. Pesce doesn’t cut it.

Carolina can keep their players and the Leafs will keep theirs.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
He's not that good.. only use is covering the glass man Matthews.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
A lot of Leafs fans actually believe this

he is a 1c last season if we go with 1c = 30 centers definition

i don't think so this season, not because i think he's regressed but there are a lot more young talents

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
he is a 1c last season if we go with 1c = 30 centers definition

i don't think so this season, not because i think he's regressed but there are a lot more young talents
31*

Do you also consider there to be 31 #1 D-men?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
How is it cherry picking when he’s playing some of the toughest minutes and producing.

Sorry, the Leafs are not dumb. They won’t make ****ty trades like Hall for Larsson.

The Leafs are 9-5 and have not iced their best lineup for a single minute so far this season. They are missing 2/3rds of their top line from last season.

How is having a back to back 30 goal centre redundant?

If he was out there playing against soft competition he can put up more points but we don’t need that from him because we have a plethora of talent. He’s the longest tenured Leaf, teammates love him, fans love him, the coach loves him and he’s got a sweet contract.

He’s not getting traded unless you are giving up something stupid good to get him. Pesce doesn’t cut it.

Carolina can keep their players and the Leafs will keep theirs.
Okay keep ignoring my point. If the Leafs are offered a guy like Pesce you really think they take Kadri on their 3rd line over a 6'3 RHD that can be Riellys partner long term? Also the fact that you're comparing Kadri to Hall is ridiculous. Even before winning the hart, Hall was a stud that hit 80 points before. Kadri's hit his ceiling. Theres no risk in trading him for a proven top 4 dman other than injuries.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
31*

Do you also consider there to be 31 #1 D-men?

yeah and no

there is 31 #1 dmen, some teams have 2, but #1 dmen is synonymous with elite two-way game and can handle 25min a game every game

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
You rank players in the league based on goals?
Well number one centers don't get first line minutes based on their defensive prowess. Unless they're good on both ends of the rink. Once again goals win games and the only reason Kadri is on the third line is because we have 2 centers better than him. An embarrassment of riches.

What if he had 40 goals each of the last 2 seasons? Would you still claim he's not a number one center?

Is Kessel not a first line winger?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
These are the bonfire 1st line centres in the league in my opinion now way Kadri is a 1c. Guys like Aho, Hishier, etc could soon add to this list.

McDavid
McKinnon
Crosby
Malkin
Kuznetsov
Matthews
Seguin
Scheifele
Tavares
Backstrom
Bergeron
Stamkos
Kopitar
Barkov
Point
Barzal
Eichel
Getzlaf
Staal
Giroux (when he plays centre)

My bad if I forgot anyone.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
These are the bonfire 1st line centres in the league in my opinion now way Kadri is a 1c. Guys like Aho, Hishier, etc could soon add to this list.

McDavid
McKinnon
Crosby
Malkin
Kuznetsov
Matthews
Seguin
Scheifele
Tavares
Backstrom
Bergeron
Stamkos
Kopitar
Barkov
Point
Barzal
Eichel
Getzlaf
Staal

bruhh

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto

McDavid
McKinnon
Crosby
Malkin
Kuznetsov
Matthews
Seguin
Scheifele
Tavares
Backstrom
Bergeron
Stamkos
Kopitar
Barkov
Point
Barzal
Eichel
Getzlaf
Staal

Where's the other 10 ahead of him? You listed only 20.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Where's the other 10 ahead of him? You listed only 20.
A top 30 centre isn't automatically a 1c. I don't know why people think that. A 1st line centre should be able to anchor a top line and excel playing against the top players in the league. I don't know how anyone can claim a guy who has only scored 60 once in his career is a 1c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->