Is Kadri redundant on the Leafs?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Don't get me wrong I think Kadri is a great player and think he's a high end 2C. In the Leaf games ive watched so far this season I feel like he's not producing because he doesn't get the opportunities he used to. Like on the pp he rarely even touches the puck. Im not a Leaf fan so maybe I shouldn't really speak on this but he seems more like a luxury that can be used to help with the D, especially if they can lock down Nylander. Carolina could really use a player like him and I would think a Kadri for Peace deal is fair for both sides with little risk for both sides. Toronto can find another 3C to replace Kadri. Thats just my opinion tho. But I feel like Kadri will continue to struggle in the role he's playing right now.

Reactions: egelband

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
How can a player who has scored 30+ goals in each of the last 2 seasons be considered redundant on the Leafs??

Kadri is integral to the Leafs Centre depth, Matthews is currently out to injury, take out Kadri who do we have down the middle after Tavares?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Don't get me wrong I think Kadri is a great player and think he's a high end 2C. In the Leaf games ive watched so far this season I feel like he's not producing because he doesn't get the opportunities he used to. Like on the pp he rarely even touches the puck. Im not a Leaf fan so maybe I shouldn't really speak on this but he seems more like a luxury that can be used to help with the D, especially if they can lock down Nylander. Carolina could really use a player like him and I would think a Kadri for Peace deal is fair for both sides with little risk for both sides. Toronto can find another 3C to replace Kadri. Thats just my opinion tho. But I feel like Kadri will continue to struggle in the role he's playing right now.

Have you never seen him play the game before? Never seen him slump? Never seen him turn it around and score 32 goals? Remember.........oh, I dunno..........last season?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
carolina says no

and says nylander +

b16.png

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Leafs defence may not be awesome, but there is also a big bonus to being able to rotate three different scoring lines as opposed to two lines (the center is the key position in building a functional line IMO). And if Tavares or Matthews falters or is injured then having Kadri to fill in is never a bad option.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No? Read the latest article on Kadri on The Athletic.

He’s an elite play driver with tough minutes that has played with mediocre players on ES for much of his career.

He does his job beautifully and produces points. He’s one of the main reasons the Leafs are good.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Which 1C you talking about? Because the Leafs got three of them. Need to be more specific!
The one that the entire rational thinking hockey world would list as their #1. (Injuries aside).

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
:rolleyes:

Backstrom
Kuznetsov
Eller

Crosby
Malkin
Bonino

Kopitar
Carter
Richards

Bergeron
Krejci
Peverley/Kelly

Crosby
Malkin
Staal

The previous names were all the top three centres on recent Cup winners. Centre depth goes a long way in this league.

Thanks @Rolo for posting the list first on the Leafs board.

Reactions: Steven

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
We have an injured center. You said injury prone center. We don't have one of those, so naturally I assumed your team did.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
so sad, even a kadri thread turns into a matthews thread

where's our neo

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
You can never have to many centers or defense. Given Kadri's contract it would be stupid to trade him
Well my proposal was for Pesce who has an even better contract. My point isn't to just trade Kadri for the hell of it. But if a deal comes along like Pesce for Kadri, I think its something that the Leafs consider. Finding a 3c is a lot easier than finding a guy like Pesce, or any other top 4 rhd. The Caps won with Eller as the 3c, Pens won with Bonino as the 3c, I don't even think the Hawks had a good 2c when they were winning cups. Bruins had Peverley as their 3c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad