Is Juuse Saros the best goalie age 23 and under in the NHL?

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
He plays on the best coached team in terms of defensive play and systems. But yes, by himself he’s still an amazing goalie.
Preds have the best group of defenders, but they would bleed high danger shots chances against last season. It was a major point towards giving Rinne the Vezina last year.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I lol at Saros. An overrated undersized soft euro behind a vezina level defense. He wouldn't even be NHL level on any other team, just like Rinne wouldn't.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Why are people replying to me with these? Did i say "There are no goalies who look good with bad defense"?

Because the question you posed is more interesting than this thread.

Which goalkeepers look good with a bad defense, now that's a good thread IMO.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
That defense though

He plays on the best coached team in terms of defensive play and systems. But yes, by himself he’s still an amazing goalie.

The defense of Nashville is very good

It's funny, but this was all said about Rinne, Suter, and Weber too.

Rinne isn't great, he plays behind the best defensemen in the league.

Suter isn't great, he's got Weber as his defense partner and Rinne backing him up.

Weber isn't great, he's got Suter as his defense partner and Rinne backing him up.

Reactions: MaWa

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Saros is very good. Many underrate him. I think he'll eventually be one of the best in the league, but he's the only under 23 goalie in the league.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Put up great numbers as a backup last 2 years as a backup and is continuously improving. I can’t think of a better goalie born 1995 or later.

you might now be aware of this--but the Preds have a pretty good D in front of him and that does help his game--I would like to see his numbers with the wings, arizona, Edmonton, NYI and a few other teams who D is well bad--compared to a team that is considered to have one of the top D squads in the NHL

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
you might now be aware of this--but the Preds have a pretty good D in front of him and that does help his game--I would like to see his numbers with the wings, arizona, Edmonton, NYI and a few other teams who D is well bad--compared to a team that is considered to have one of the top D squads in the NHL
Still need good goaltending even with good d.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad