Is John Robert Eichel the Unluckiest Superstar Since Lindros?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He’s not unlucky, he’s getting 10 million a year.

If he doesn’t like Buffalo or thinks they suck, then he didn’t have to sign with them and could’ve asked for a trade or opted to sign elsewhere after his entry level contract.

That's not how RFA works.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am sure Eichel is a very nice well-mannered kid, but he does have a really punchable face. Almost like Ted Cruz.

Oh it absolutely would have been a dick move I'm just saying when you say that's not how RFA works, that's EXACTLY how RFA works for guys like Matthews, Eichel, Mcdavid, Ovechkin back in the day

If you are a star and you are an RFA, RFA works any damn way you want it too

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Overreaction....his career isn't over and the Sabres with competent management should be able to finish building the team around him.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Sucks that he got injured again, HAS are not fun, I'm glad he is young and can recover properly. That being said, I think the only team that hates Eichel getting hurt more than buffalo, are the Coyotes.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Unfortunate that he's had these injuries to start his career, but the OP is too much of a hyperbole. Not even comparable to someone like Bryan Berard in terms of being unlucky.

Crosby's few years of injuries had a much bigger impact too, though Crosby was obviously much better established by that point.

Reactions: 99664987

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Stamkos?

Not from beginning but has had some pretty flukey bad luck last few years

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
To be honest i saw people talking shit about Eichel a lot so I watched him play rather than mouth off with the hive.

After carefully paying attention to his play individually, he is easily a super star on any other team.

He is a terrific player.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Who the **** refers Jack Eichel as John Robert

T2fxiDY.jpg

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I feel for Sabres fans. Losing your Star is never fun, especially when your team is struggling and his scoring totals are pretty much all you have to watch for.

The good news it is not something that will hurt his career and should not affect his off season training.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
And CantlosewithMatthews, for some reason I can't give likes or I'd give one.

That happens when your infractions pile up, and to top it off just mentioning it, even though you do not know what is happening, is also grounds to get an infraction. This of course makes no sense but that is HF since the change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad