Is John Marino for real?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
8n1vai978f141.jpg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I love how confident he is. He is just ice cold and does not get rattled. He can also be on the ice with Sid, Geno, Letang, and Jake and the dude will not think twice to shoot the puck, or call for passes. He just has a swag about him.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Looking at that list, one has to question the value of that stat.

Yeah ofc. Small sample and it’s a single rate stat. No context for the rest of those guys. It’s gonna look pretty dumb, especially when I only filtered for 100 min TOI. Not gonna be very useful haha.

Regardless, less about evaluation, more about just bumping something cool I saw on twitter to here.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Think what that stat above should tell you is just how well he can drag a chump like JJ up too.

Said this in last nights GDT but if puck retrievals/50-50 battles for the puck were a puzzle, he's a master class puzzler. Not only securing it but the end result being it's either on a friendly stick or out of the zone.

I think he's a superb student of the game and was deployed perfectly at Harvard. Meaning he got the tougher assignments while the Fox's and Walsh's got softer minutes.
He had a problem to solve going from NCAA to pro of how to handle a forecheck and he's coming up aces in that test.
The offence, much like the DZ "problem", he's starting to solve that too.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
To be fair, Martin did play like that for the Devils. Also for us for maybe 1 or 2 years out of the 5 he was here.

Martin was such a mixed bag, here. Sometimes brilliant... sometimes basically Mark Eaton without the attention to his own end.

To be fair to him, the coaching staff was probably just yelling "STRETCH PASS" at him for 5 seasons.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad