Prospect Info: Is Jason Akeson still considered a prospect?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Yes. Just turned 24 with only 8 games played in the NHL. I'd give him at least 1 more year before calling him a non-prospect.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Borderline.

Has yet to play a full NHL season but he is getting up there in age, his ELC is up and he is no longer exempt from waivers.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
technically I guess he still is but for the purpose of the prospect poll I don't know how I feel about putting him in there with the other recently drafted prospects.
I agree he is borderline and would likely pick other kids ahead of him.
Not because I don't like him. I do, I just think his time is up to be considered a prospect.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I won't be voting for him personally. I don't care if others do or not. He's either an NHL player or an AHL player at this juncture. I'm not putting someone on my list who potentially might not even be with the organization come opening night.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I don't really consider him a prospect anymore so I will not be voting for him in the polls.

I won't be voting for him personally. I don't care if others do or not. He's either an NHL player or an AHL player at this juncture. I'm not putting someone on my list who potentially might not even be with the organization come opening night.

It shouldn't be whether you agree with OP or not. If he's in the poll, he's an option. Otherwise you're skewing the results.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If he's not at prospect camp, he's not a prospect. He's 24 years old and an established professional hockey player. I'm a fan of his and think he should be given every opportunity to make the team, but once a player has played more than two pro seasons, I think the "prospect" label is removed.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Sure he is.

He's still a prospective Flyer who hasn't yet made the team for good. And he'd still qualify for rookie of the year.

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
He does not possess the physical tools to be "great". He is undersized and probably be limited to a 3rd-4th line role (maybe some PP time ).

He reminds me of Briere in a sense that he is not a burner but has good agility and can bury the puck when near the net. (See Brendan Gallagher) He has good hands and can provide a little offensive spark when needed.

Is he an NHL player? The answer is yes. If a guy comes in during the playoffs and is scoring points/goals he is an NHLer.

Is he a prospect? No. I think we can deduce what his ceiling is.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Well if he is possibly Mike Maneluk material like Meltzer characterized him..then I guess not. I too wonder if he has the wherewithal to last through an 82 game season and be consistently productive. Great hands and all but I have my concerns...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad