Is Jagr the greatest European player of all time?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It goes without saying that Lidstrom is the 2nd best dman behind Orr.
It goes without saying that you're wrong.

Harvey, Potvin, Bourque and Shore all rank ahead of Lidstrom.

Lidstrom has a good case on prime years and longevity, then you realize Bourque outdoes him heavily and produced elite numbers offensively and you're opinion looks funny.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
I like Stan but he doesn't rank high enough here, he's in a discussion with Forbserg, Statsny and co for the 2nd group IMO.

Mikita

4 Rosses
2 Harts
Pearsons wasn’t invented yet in Mikitas era.

Scoring finishes: 1,1,1,1,2,3,3,3,4

Jagr

5 rosses
1 hart
3 pearsons

Scoring finishes: 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,5,6,8,9

Playoffs are comprable.

Im not saying Mikita is ahead but he certainly is in that tier.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Mikita

4 Rosses
2 Harts
Pearsons wasn’t invented yet in Mikitas era.

Scoring finishes: 1,1,1,1,2,3,3,3,4

Jagr

5 rosses
1 hart
3 pearsons

Scoring finishes: 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,5,6,8,9

Playoffs are comprable.

Im not saying Mikita is ahead but he certainly is in that tier.
Yeah I know Mikita has a good trophy case, but he doesn't compare as well. Jagr did this against both Mario and Gretzky. I think he's more impressive, personally. You could also list Forsbergs trophy case, or Statsny, or Ovechkin or Malkin and they all look really strong too.

At one point, you gotta make a call, and thats the call I make IMO.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Yeah I know Mikita has a good trophy case, but he doesn't compare as well. Jagr did this against both Mario and Gretzky. I think he's more impressive, personally. You could also list Forsbergs trophy case, or Statsny, or Ovechkin or Malkin and they all look really strong too.

Two of those 4 are not like the others... Ovechkin and Malkin have vastly superior trophies cases compared to Forsberg and Statsny

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Two of those 4 are not like the others... Ovechkin and Malkin have vastly superior trophies cases compared to Forsberg and Statsny
For vastly different reasons they don't obviously, Statsny played in the most competitive era ever, and was seen as the 3rd or 4th best player of the 80s, Forbserg had many injuries and requires projection.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
For me Jagr > Hasek > Lidstrom but would have no issue with the ordering as they play different positions and each were outstanding.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
F - Jagr
D - Lidstrom
G - Hasek

and the order can be debated. For me it's Jagr, Hasek, Lidstrom but I'm okay with any order another individual sees them in.
Good way to look at it. I'd have to go with Lidstrom but I am bias as I am a dman myself.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Although I know a lot of people rate greatness in different ways, here's a list, JMO:

1) Evgeni Malkin
2) Tim Thomas
3) Dominik Hasek
4) Sergei Fedorov
5) Pavel Datsyuk
6) Alex Ovechkin
7) Jaromir Jagr
8) Peter Forsberg
9) Niklas Lidstrom
10) Zdeno Chara

Now if Russia isn't Europe, I suppose half that list gets taken off.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Although I know a lot of people rate greatness in different ways, here's a list, JMO:

1) Evgeni Malkin
2) Tim Thomas
3) Dominik Hasek
4) Sergei Fedorov
5) Pavel Datsyuk
6) Alex Ovechkin
7) Jaromir Jagr
8) Peter Forsberg
9) Niklas Lidstrom
10) Zdeno Chara

Now if Russia isn't Europe, I suppose half that list gets taken off.

pretty sure Michigan isn't Europe

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

Jagr did nothing against Lemieux or Gretzky. In fact if Lemieux never retired or missed seasons due to health jagr has no art rosses. Not a bad thing as no player in history besides Gretzky could compete with Lemieux. Just saying

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Best forward for sure.

I have Lidstrom as the best D of all time (suck it Bobby, you are overrated) so he'd be the best Euro of all time.

Hasek being a goalie makes it a bit different but Hasek is 100% the best goalie of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad