Is Jack Eichel better than Auston Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yeah, he played like 70 minutes with Marner at 5v5 before last year, you know 5v5 where he has more goals than anyone else?
So the PP just doesn't exist anymore? Teams having to send out defensive pairs against marner/Tavares doesn't count? Interesting theory you've got kid!

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
So why is it okay to mention who Eichel has played with his whole career in Buffalo and it's wrong to mention who Matthews played with in his first two seasons?
Are you now not even reading what you’re typing? Also, still waiting for all the people who claimed Dahlin was the next McDavid, where I discounted Matthews goals and how Andersen is better than Hellebuyck. Or at least admit you don’t have an answer to any of those claims.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
So the PP just doesn't exist anymore? Teams having to send out defensive pairs against marner/Tavares doesn't count? Interesting theory you've got kid!
No the power play exists, and Eichel has been getting way more power play time than Matthews. QoC has little effect on individual scoring.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Matthews and Marner weren't on the same power play line until their 3rd seasons in 2018-19 after Tavares signed as a UFA, however that year they did not play together at 5v5.
Fun fact, 18/19 is the last two years... Exactly what I've been talking about.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Look it up bud, it hardly matters. Not to mention, even if it did Matthews and Eichel are pretty much dead even at 29.5.
Again, do you want me to add up their teammates point totals and show you the difference or do you not want everyone to see how ridiculous you look?

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Again, do you want me to add up their teammates point totals and show you the difference or do you not want everyone to see how ridiculous you look?
Lmao eat crow on that QoC argument bud. Here, let me do it for you for both for 2018-19:

Matthews:
Kapanen+Marleau+Johnsson: 56 goals 68 assists
Eichel:
Skinner+Reinhart+Pominville: 78 goals 81 assists
Rekt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dion TheFluff

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lmao eat crow on that QoC argument bud. Here, let me do it for you for both for 2018-19:

Matthews:
Eichel:
Rekt.
Uhhh would you like to explain why Tavares/Rielly/Marner are left out?

Also interesting that you completely ignored 19/20 as well... Not surprised you left out the three highest scoring players on the Leafs :laugh:

Wanna post those too? Im going to guess no.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Uhhh would you like to explain why Tavares/Rielly/Marner are left out?

Also interesting that you completely ignored 19/20 as well... Not surprised you left out the three highest scoring players on the Leafs :laugh:

Wanna post those too? Im going to guess no.
I did their linemates, you know.. the guys they actually play with.

I don't need to do 2019/20 because the whole point of that was to show that Matthews has produced at the same level points wise and way outproduced Eichel in goals, with worse QoT. Which he did. Its okay, take your time, you'll figure it out eventually, big fella.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
I listed the last two seasons, not their career. What they did as rookies is entirely irrelevant to whos the better player today.
everyone keeps mentioning he has always had better linemates which is not true. His first 2 years his linemates were at best equal to Eichels

Reactions: Lainehasaweirdface

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

Matthews:
Eichel:
Rekt.
Out of curiousity, why is Nylander left out?
And yes I see you did linemates, but that poster did say teammates. Again, this is all stemming from the playoff success = better player argument. Not sure rekt really applies

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
everyone keeps mentioning he has always had better linemates which is not true. His first 2 years his linemates were at best equal to Eichels
I don’t think anyone has said he “always” has better linemates. He has had a better team, and very often better linemates

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Actually wouldn’t it be Marner > Eichel > Matthews then? Or why does the criteria flip half way through? That you leafsnation75?

Matthews would have more than Eichel if he played 7 more games in that time.

...and close to 30 more goals. Lol

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
So yes, changing criteria. And I guess Marner has just as many goals as Eichel? Lol

Alright criteria changed. I'll be just as ignorant as the rest of this thread lol.

Matthews > Marner > Eichel

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Out of curiousity, why is Nylander left out?
And yes I see you did linemates, but that poster did say teammates. Again, this is all stemming from the playoff success = better player argument. Not sure rekt really applies
No, this is from the Matthews has better linemates therefore his scoring can be discounted argument, keep up. I don't care whether he said linemates or teammates, the teammates who don't play with you don't really factor into your scoring as much as the ones who do, didn't think I'd ever have to explain that. I did each player's 3 most common linemates, all situations. Pretty self explanatory why Nylander isn't there.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Alright criteria changed. I'll be just as ignorant as the rest of this thread lol.

Matthews > Marner > Eichel
At least you’re admitting you’re ignorant I guess. Cause no one can agree with the leafs about who the best players are otherwise you’re ignorant.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
No, this is from the Matthews has better linemates therefore his scoring can be discounted argument, keep up. I don't care whether he said linemates or teammates, the teammates who don't play with you don't really factor into your scoring as much as the ones who do. I did each player's 3 most common linemates, all situations. Pretty self explanatory why Nylander isn't there.
Got to love the “I don’t care” what the poster said that I’m responding to, cause I’m posting these stats instead comment. Followed by “rekt” of course.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
At least you’re admitting you’re ignorant I guess. Cause no one can agree with the leafs about who the best players are otherwise you’re ignorant.

I have to match the rest of this thread. It's the only way it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad