Prospect Info: Is it too soon to discuss the 2021 draft?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hot take - Ottawa and Anaheim will finish ahead of the Kings and the Kings will win the draft lottery!
200.gif

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Bob released his mid season rankings, and right now where the Kings sit at 8th overall, would be Kent Johnson. Followed by Chaz Lucious and Jesper Wallstedt. Can’t see the Kings picking a goalie unless they end up at like 12-14 and Wallstedt was still there.

I used to hope for either Hughes or Edvission but honestly I have no idea anymore. This draft will be interesting.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This is definitely one of the weaker draft from recent memory. Not saying it will be but sort of reminds me of 2012 draft pretty weak overall. So many unknowns. Said it many times Best Player Available. I don't care if it's a forward or Dman. And don't kid yourselves we finishing in the top 5 again. Look at this team yes we are one of top 5 worst teams in the league.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Not quite sold on Power form the limited sample size I have seen.

I do like Clarke and had the chance to see him live in the OHL before COVID shut everything down. Bit of an odd skater but his offensive prowess is there and he seems to read the game well.

Regardless, there is nobody that will make an immediate impact. As others have mentioned, this draft is more of an unknown than any in recent memory. Just get go with the assumed best player available.

Reactions: andys and ru4reals

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Not quite sold on Power form the limited sample size I have seen.

I do like Clarke and had the chance to see him live in the OHL before COVID shut everything down. Bit of an odd skater but his offensive prowess is there and he seems to read the game well.

Regardless, there is nobody that will make an immediate impact. As others have mentioned, this draft is more of an unknown than any in recent memory. Just get go with the assumed best player available.
So another Center? :laugh:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
All of those top-four DM have good size combined with some skill and any of them would be my priority in selection. Next would be a dynamic goal-scoring winger. Lastly a goalie if deemed worthy of the spot. Otherwise, I would definitely look to package this pick with others (and/or prospects) for a big trade.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Simple question for the people who have seen the draft elidable players are any nhl ready ?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Hot take - Ottawa and Anaheim will finish ahead of the Kings and the Kings will win the draft lottery!

I wouldn't rule it out, Ottawa's next 4 are against VAN and they're still getting in game shape, while the Kings have 5 against ANA, and let's be real, I don't think any of us would be surprised if they got 3/10 points, not to mention, 4 against Colorado and 3 against Arizona.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
This is definitely one of the weaker draft from recent memory. Not saying it will be but sort of reminds me of 2012 draft pretty weak overall. So many unknowns. Said it many times Best Player Available. I don't care if it's a forward or Dman. And don't kid yourselves we finishing in the top 5 again. Look at this team yes we are one of top 5 worst teams in the league.
I'm not sure how the Kings can drop to to 5. They'd pretty much have to lose out.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
This draft is going to be a bigger crapshoot than normal because of impact COVID shutdowns had on some leagues. Some of these kids haven't even had the opportunity to really develop much in over a year.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Simple question for the people who have seen the draft elidable players are any nhl ready ?

I've watched Power and Beniers, and I think both could step into the NHL in the fall. I think both would do best with at least another year in college or the AHL though.

They both have the tools, size, and IQ to step in right away, but I think both could develop more as top of the lineup producers with additional time. Jumping in too soon could blunt the offensive ceiling for both even if they'd still be great players down the line. Beniers is an interesting case especially, because I think extra development time could be the difference between him being an elite 1/2C versus an elite 2/3C. He's already a buzzsaw and has the physical game to create time and space for himself in the NHL, IMO.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Sens fan here. Curious to ask what are your drafting needs.

For the sens we are probably looking at

Guenther
Berniers
Power
Clarke

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I'm not sure how the Kings can drop to to 5. They'd pretty much have to lose out.

True, either way this is the one year I might not mind getting the first overall. The front office will really have to work overtime because the best player in the draft may not be the 1st overall pick. I like Power would be nice to get him but all the other prospects may be better especially this year.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We also have St. Louis's 2nd round pick. And it looks like that pick is turning out to be better than most of us would have expected. Hopefully the Blues get back to losing.

Reactions: andys

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019

Guenther
Berniers
Power
Clarke
Our system is missing that top tier defensemen. Think Powers, Hughes, Edvinsson, etc. Anyone of them would be fine be ideal targets, preferably LHD. Not sure if any are available by the 8-11 range. Our player development coach also brought up concerns about our goaltending pipeline in a podcast this week, so we could take a Wallstedt if the Dmen are gone. Looks like Kings/Sens have opposite needs in a way.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA

Guenther
Berniers
Power
Clarke

BPA. I imagine if things play out in their favor assuming they are like 8-13, they grab the 4th or 5th defenseman off the board (after Power, Clarke and Hughes), or they go after the forward that falls as a result of 5 defenseman going top 10.

Trading the pick to upgrade the roster is very real possibility as well.

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad