Prospect Info: Is it too soon to discuss the 2021 draft?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
For example, how are prospects supposed to be ranked at the end of the 2020-2021 season if said prospects ended up not playing due to regional pandemic shut-downs?

DISCUSS!!!

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
They’ll be ranked, but I feel bad for the scouts since this season will be very compacted and fewer games will be played. And it will be a mess if there no season in 2020-21.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Hate to say it but unless our kids come out like gangbusters in 20-21 we're right back in the top 5. I'm pretty sure of it.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
For example, how are prospects supposed to be ranked at the end of the 2020-2021 season if said prospects ended up not playing due to regional pandemic shut-downs?

DISCUSS!!!
The Scouting teams will really have earned their stripes if we have a good draft. Prospects won’t be an unknown quantity but their development will be impacted and the level of draft scrutiny will be lessened. As such there will be a lower level of certainty of how prospects will develop than there usually will be, especially the later rounds picks. There will be more busts in the early rounds, but equally more opportunity to get late round steals.

It will really reveal which teams have the best scouting set-ups as the public scouting information will be of much less value than it normally is.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
So what you're saying is, "trade down"......
Depends on how confident Yanetti is. I think it makes things harder and teams with average scouting will suffer. I’m fairly confident in our guys so we may make aggressive moves to move up and take guys that have artificially slipped...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
How about which free agent(s) to target next year?
Hard when we don't know who is going to re-sign , etc, but

I would look for the Kings to try to get another Sean O'Donnell type player to shore up the D. Experienced, hopefully a mean streak and a good influence

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Very soon, the 2020 draft will be history.......

Meanwhile, the 2021 draft remains a mystery.......

Token

May 15, 2019
Owen Power would be a dream pick for the Kings. 6-5, 21o lbs, physical LHD that's a great skater, solid gap control, and produces offensively. A top 5 pick seems like a lock, could even go #1.
Don’t sign any UFAs, play the kids, see what happens.

I’m guessing we have solid lottery odds next summer.

That name alone ...

Token

May 15, 2019
So we are gonna finish just outside the playoffs? I can dig that.

Could happen if we get a working 2nd line.

More likely tho it’s other teams in the West going full dumpster fire ... Yotes, Sharks, Ducks come to mind.

We would literally need to best out the Flames to be in the hunt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->