Is it too early to say that the Pacioretty trade is looking really, really bad?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
It's not even 10 games in, people really think the Habs are going to play better in the long run than Vegas?

Habs have a great goalie and are playing loose. I expect them to have some bad streaks for sure, but keep in mind, Weber could come back in December and really contribute as well.

Many people (myself included) expected before the season even started that Vegas might be in tough to make the playoffs this year.

Too many players over-acheiving from last season. Patches and Stastney for Perron and Neal is at best a wash.

Reactions: dukeofjive

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
No, no one "knew" this would be a bad deal. Pacioretty is streaky, and Tatar came off an awful season. Tatar won't end with 70 points, and Pacioretty is still gonna get around 30 goals. As a habs fan, I'm glad we're the early winners, but I'd be shocked if this trade becomes a "fleecing".

Reactions: dukeofjive

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's still too early, but it always seemed like Vegas gave up too much. We'll see how it pans out.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Habs fans are emotionally attached to a guy who was never that good.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
No, no one "knew" this would be a bad deal. Pacioretty is streaky, and Tatar came off an awful season. Tatar won't end with 70 points, and Pacioretty is still gonna get around 30 goals. As a habs fan, I'm glad we're the early winners, but I'd be shocked if this trade becomes a "fleecing".

He won't reach 30 goals any more in his career is my opinion. He loses speed more and more every season. Barely scraped 30 goals 3 seasons ago, had a bump with Radulov and barely got 20 last year.

Mark my words.

Reactions: Cellee

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
And the best of it all?
IT ALL STEMS FROM CRAIG RIVET!!!!
That Craig Rivet trade was indeed epic for Montreal. The gift that keeps on giving & giving & giving....

But yeah, too early for a final verdict on Pacioretty for Tatar/Suzuki. Patches is a notoriously slow starter.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pacioretty is a chronic slow starter. He's good from December through February. He's streaky too. He'll score 20 goals in 30 games and 15 in the other 50.

I still like the trade from Montreal's side, since it was time to move on from Pacioretty.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
People forget how speedy Pacioretty was just 3-4 seasons ago. He lost so much foot speed it's ridiculous.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It's just way to early.

Vegas overpaid, we knew that from day 1. However, it looks horrendous right now and I expect that to even out a bit over the course of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->