Speculation: Is it time to pull the plug on Andreas Johnsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Here's a crazy idea.

Maybe we should give him a bit more icetime with skilled linemates and see what happens.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if we get something similar to what happened to when Kap got that chance.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
There are bigger problems on this team than him. Not even close to the proper time to let him go. You knew that tho. This is thread revenge for stealing your girl.

I don't believe I stated that this is the most important and most pressing issue. Johnsson is a 4th liner. Perhaps he will be in and out of the line up for another month, but I think it should be sooner.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
He could be the this decade's Steen who was his decade's Brad Boyes though. Tempting....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There have been very few 20 year old players that get better after their first 20 games in the NHL. So yeah, if doesn’t improve in his next two games, he’ll probably do the right thing and pack it on his own.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Here's a crazy idea.

Maybe we should give him a bit more icetime with skilled linemates and see what happens.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if we get something similar to what happened to when Kap got that chance.

That's fair and I will be the first to say "I was wrong...".

I am surprised and disappointed by his season so far.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Johnsson is holding out. He is just doing it in a way where he can get paid.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
There have been very few 20 year old players that get better after their first 20 games in the NHL. So yeah, if doesn’t improve in his next two games, he’ll probably do the right thing and pack it on his own.

Who is this 20 year old.player you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad