Speculation: Is it time to pull the plug on Andreas Johnsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I might keep harping on him, but hear me out. Perhaps it's time to cut him loose.

1 assist in 8 games. He's been scratched 5 times in 13 games.

The guy got a lot of PP time last night this is a crappy way to get a player going at the risk of losing a game.

Is there anyone better in our system?

Are we going to be eventually having to give up futures (picks and prospects) to acquire wingers?!

How long with this guy?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not even close to that time. His offense is not amazing, but he's still posting good possession stats and is more than fine on the 4th line. Quite honestly, I do not know why Babcock ever scratched him over Ennis, because Johnsson has outplayed him in every single game they've played together.

Now is the time to give him his chance. It's not like there is anyone clearly better that he's blocking, so let him play, let Ennis ride the pressbox where be belongs and the Marlies' season for a while longer before we cut bait on a guy who has hardly even been given the chance to get going.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
No way. He needs to get the exact same opportunity they afforded Leivo........uh...wait...

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Just had his best game of the season. Definitely can't cut him loose....for a couple years.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
This is a conical overreaction to 1 subpar month of play. He was excellent in the AHL and then NHL last season, god forbid he struggle in October. We need players like Johnsson in the cap world, regardless of this start to the season he's a realistic offensive depth threat and as the cap crunch hit that's extremely valuable for this team. If anything, this start could benefit the Leafs down the road by suppressing his next contract's value a little bit.

If we cut loose every player that got off to a slow start we'd be without half our roster right now.

Reactions: Mork

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not even close to that time. His offense is not amazing, but he's still posting good possession stats and is more than fine on the 4th line. Quite honestly, I do not know why Babcock ever scratched him over Ennis, because Johnsson has outplayed him in every single game they've played together.

Now is the time to give him his chance. It's not like there is anyone clearly better that he's blocking, so let him play, let Ennis ride the pressbox where be belongs and the Marlies' season for a while longer before we cut bait on a guy who has hardly even been given the chance to get going.

I see your point, but saying he's better than Ennis? Is that really a vote of confidence? Ennis is pretty ineffective and I never dreamed he would be a leaf this season. Would anyone be shocked if Ennis was put on waivers?

I don't know why people are treating Johnsson like he's a rookie or recently drafted. He'll be 24 in a couple of weeks. When he is age 25 he'll be considered mid career.

So be patient with Johnsson? No way.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Moore - GOAT - Johnsson

Marlie line hopefully they have some chemistry having played together most of last year (Not the same line obvs)

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I might keep harping on him, but hear me out. Perhaps it's time to cut him loose.
1 assist in 8 games. He's been scratched 5 times in 13 games.
The guy got a lot of PP time last night this is a crappy way to get a player going at the risk of losing a game.
Is there anyone better in our system?
Are we going to be eventually having to give up futures (picks and prospects) to acquire wingers?!
How long with this guy?
Dude, harp all you want but why is there a need for multiple threads?

You created three Johnsson threads in under a month ... Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

LtQUCsd.png

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Dude, harp all you want but why is there a need for multiple threads?

You created three Johnsson threads in under a month ... Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

LtQUCsd.png

No.

Why are you building a case against me in your spare time?

One thread is deleted.
One died of obscurity because of complacency.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Robert Thomas had 1 assist this season prior to yesterday and was scratched 4 games. Jordan Kyrou played 9 games and had 1 assist, and was then scratched 2 games before being sent to the AHL. I realize they're much higher calibre players, this shouldn't be the measurement to cut players loose.

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
lol the OP is seriously annoying, why does start threads everyday the just get worse. guy is going through a rough patch he showed what he is capable of last year, plus he was one of the better players on the ice on Thursday against Dallas. Think its time for OP to pull the plug on starting these useless threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mork

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is a conical overreaction to 1 subpar month of play. He was excellent in the AHL and then NHL last season, god forbid he struggle in October. We need players like Johnsson in the cap world, regardless of this start to the season he's a realistic offensive depth threat and as the cap crunch hit that's extremely valuable for this team. If anything, this start could benefit the Leafs down the road by suppressing his next contract's value a little bit.

If we cut loose every player that got off to a slow start we'd be without half our roster right now.

No. I had a whole 24 hours to meditate on this.

If I made this thread last night it would have been an overreaction.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
There are bigger problems on this team than him. Not even close to the proper time to let him go. You knew that tho. This is thread revenge for stealing your girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->