Is it time to call it the "Big six" instead of the "Big Four"

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Not since they acquired two first round picks.

I believe this notion originally came from The Hockey News in one of their future watch editions. Joke's on you if you don't take EVERYTHING you read in that publication with a big grain of salt.

I think now it's a draft you can get just as good a prospect at 25-30 as you can in the top 10:sarcasm:. But yes, I can see how THN could influence Toronto's fan base more than any others.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I gotta admit that the kid with the biggest star-magnitud I've seen in this years draft is Mika Zinbanjed.

Do not get me wrong, I wouldn't put the kid up there with Vic Hedman in a draft, nor Adam Larsson -- but only because I've not seen MZ accomplish what those players had at the same age. Like Hedman got it done at all levels, for basically 24+ months, before his draft. MZ have -- basically -- the pedigree of a late 1st round pick. Playing for the U18 national team, U17 before that. Decent stats in Juniors. And then a stint in the SEL.

But when you see him play, your eyes pop out at times.

I think a kid like MSP were just as good of a prospect as MZ, he was further a long -- but MZ have more raw potential. The kid could become a superstar.

Edit: Some of the play the kids executes screams like Ilya Kovalchuk/Alexande Ovechkin a long way, instead of like "Burmistov"-scale impressive play, if you get what I mean.

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I can understand the MZ hype, but i think he is half as good as Strome and NGH.
And compered to Cuortier, a dwarf.

HE will be another MPS, a big promising youngster, who turns out to a medioker grinder.

I project him to the late first round, early second round. To much of gamblepick.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I can understand the MZ hype, but i think he is half as good as Strome and NGH.

And compered to Cuortier, a dwarf.

HE will be another MPS, a big promising youngster, who turns out to a medioker grinder.

I project him to the late first round, early second round. To much of gamblepick.

A dwarf? ;)

And aint MPS a tad, just a tad, to young to pin down as just a mediocre grinder? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad