Is it time to admit Drouin is a bust ?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Scott Glennie was a bust. Drouin is a decent but flawed NHL player.

Agreed.

People here seem to have a limited vocabulary. It's either bust or star. Drouin is far from a bust. He is a disappointment given his draft position.

Yakupov, G. Reinhart, etc. who are not in the NHL at age 24 are busts.

Guys who are NHLers but not to the level that was expected like Virtanen, Bennett, Connolly, Gudbranson, etc are more disappointments. NHLers, but more was expected from them.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
53 points is a bust???????????
ummm right.

Sam Bennett is an example of a bust. Not Drouin
I mean, he isn't a bust, but he clearly is a disappointment compared to projections at his draft date and what MTL expected. Which is way too often get grouped together on this site. Drouin is just a very frustrating player, and his diva act in Tampa didn't help. Since he pretty much needs to be an offensive dynamo to live up to his draft position giving how he plays the game (fairly passive depending on being an elite player from the blueline in).

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone who is surprised by this didn't watch hom close enough in junior. He would dangle around guys like he was playing little kids but I always said these moves would get him killed in the NHL. And well...

QXZY

Nov 13, 2017
If he stayed in Tampa and played with Kucherov instead of Point it's quite possible that he would have scored Point's points

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
He isn’t a bust, he just seems to have hit his ceiling... and it is lower then what a lot of Habs fans were hoping. The last several season have shown that Drouin is a second line (ideally) winger who will continue to put up put up around 20 goals and 50-55 points per season. He is a good player and a solid guy to have in your top-6 but he just isn’t a star.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
A bust? No. He'll have a serviceable career in the NHL and be a piece of the puzzle, he just won't be the elite player everyone thought he'd be.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Anyone who is surprised by this didn't watch hom close enough in junior. He would dangle around guys like he was playing little kids but I always said these moves would get him killed in the NHL. And well...

Some people say he's lazy, but i just see it as having so much talent that he's never had to up his game and now he doesnt know how. Kinda like a kid that gets straight As throughout highschool without ever needing to study... then he gets to University.

you see this in occasions when he goes full speed with the puck, burns through 2 guys before getting in the zone and realizing he's 1 person versus 3, and ends up having to dump it or try to make a risky pass, those being his only options at that point

Reactions: Fixxer

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
something is definitely up with Drouin in Montreal, I'd be surprised to see him still wearing the CH in October. Between his locker clean-up comments and the complete lack of his face in the Habs' season ending promo materials, I'd expect him traded for a LD

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Drouin is far from a bust....but a disappointment, sure, I buy that. He has all the talent in the world, but just doesn't seem to have the drive to use it. Call it laziness or indifference, but either way, it's quite obvious most of the time. The Habs have a very hard working and fast team, so he sticks out like a sore thumb even more so when he's not on. He's still a 50+ point player at the moment, so nowhere near a bust.

I would think considering the price that Bergevin paid to get him (Sergachev), he will give him one more year to get his game to the level that the Habs want from him, unless there's a trade option that really makes sense before that where Bergevin can quickly recoup most of his losses.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
1 goal in last 28 games is horrendous, he’s extremely underachieving, not sure he can ever be good in the NHL again
Holy shit, that's terrible. I feel so bad. He used to be so electric.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad