Speculation: Is it time for VGK to have a captain?

Who do you want as captain for VGK?

• Marchessault

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith

• Stastny

• Tuch

• Engelland

• Total voters

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
imho, no. I would like the 23 captains idea to remain this team's ongoing identity.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm happy to stick with no captain for now.

If Engellend had of been like 7 years younger, he'd be my pick, A captain at some point will be good, and Stone is probably next in my mind, but it's not really a pressing matter of business.

Reactions: derriko

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I understand the optics of giving the C to a guy who's been on the team ~20 games, but anything else is just delaying the inevitable. Stone is signed long term, he's a leader, and everything i've heard about him says he's good with mentoring the young guys. Oh, and he's the best player on the team which is usually enough in this day and age to get it.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I understand the optics of giving the C to a guy who's been on the team ~20 games, but anything else is just delaying the inevitable. Stone is signed long term, he's a leader, and everything i've heard about him says he's good with mentoring the young guys. Oh, and he's the best player on the team which is usually enough in this day and age to get it.

I think Stone will be captain, and I think I agree with that but a big part of me would give it to Engelland to start the year out of how much he has meant to the team. So he can be the first official captain and maybe he passes it off at the end of the year or the playoffs to Stone.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Seems like the C can screw with dudes' heads sometimes but yes it's due to happen here soon with all these key pieces being locked up.

I'd see how the players feel and go with their overall recommendation. If they want one fine, and then let them vote him in.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I think Stone will be captain, and I think I agree with that but a big part of me would give it to Engelland to start the year out of how much he has meant to the team. So he can be the first official captain and maybe he passes it off at the end of the year or the playoffs to Stone.

Just give it to Stone to start the season. Engelland should be scratched a good 20 to 35 games if re-signed. You can't have your captain eating nachos in the box for that much of the season. It would be a joke to have your captain scratched that often although I wouldn't put it past Gallant to trot him out all season long which would be a huge mistake. What they should do is build a vegasstrong statue of him. There are times when it's advantageous to have a captain. It's time we name Stone captain. He ticks all of the boxes of what a captain should be. It also gives fans someone to really root for too. There's been so many instances where the team and fans rally behind a captain. It just makes sense to have one now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad