Is it time for Lou to get his walking papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And Mr. 29th Overall has 0 points in the AHL this season. He was really well worth it. :help:

He's still a teenager, or 20 at most. But on the whole we really don't do well developing prospects lately, and this isn't just a Pete issue though he certainly exacerbates it. We rushed Larsson, Urbom, Josefson and Matteau and are still paying for all of it.

MountainGoat

Lou? Fired? never gonna happen

he made this mess so lets see him fix it

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
In 2006-2007 Jay Pandolfo had 27 points and was a Selke Finalist.

If I get that out of Zajac this year at this point I'm doing backflips.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
The 29th pick who is currently in the minors..... :help:

What really kills Lou is the VOLCHENKOV deal... *THAT*, he has no excuse.

Lou has handcuffed himself with a bunch of deals...

- Volchenkov was too long and too much but he slowed dramatically and he;s not that old.
- Zajac deal - again, too long a deal and probably for too much per year for a #2 center who won;t get more than 50 points in any year now that Parise is gone.
- Salvador - again too long, 2 years would probably have been fine.
- Harrold, Tedenby, Olesz, all signed to one way contracts.
- resigning Harrold and Zidlicky essentially cost us Urbom. Bad asset management there.

Lou has backed himself into a corner with deals that are tough to trade out of thus rendering us stuck with these guys.

I think we need to think about moving Loktionov as I doubt he resigns with us again next year and he hasn't proven much thus far. Won't get much for him but I think we need to let Josefson play. He's better on faceoffs and is better defensively, and can play wing if need be. Lokti arguably has more offensive potential but that hasn;t shown through.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I DARE someone to go look up our record since the beginning of the Mac era through now without Parise and Kovy in the lineup. Not doing it, we may be talking about a <.200 clip here.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
nope. only clear cut mistake was the 29th pick and maybe 1-2 contracts. he did good work building a semblance of a decent team that isnt performing

LOL! He should have been fired the day he gave Henrique that contract. Too tired to re hash my Lou bashings. Just click my prior posts. Complete joke. Gotta love the 3 cup rants. That was 10 years ago.

ZadorovNJD*

lol we're going to forfeit a top 3 pick. lou should be fired yesterday.

njdevilsownnhl*

Lou isn't even capable of building a defense in the new NHL. He has yet to build a defense that can consistently move the puck. We always have grenade handlers on every pairing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I DARE someone to go look up our record since the beginning of the Mac era through now without Parise and Kovy in the lineup. Not doing it, we may be talking about a <.200 clip here.

106-91-24 since MacLean was hired as coach.

Much of the wins are skewed by the Lemaire half season, and the 11-12 season.

B A T M A N

Lou has handcuffed himself with a bunch of deals...

- Volchenkov was too long and too much but he slowed dramatically and he;s not that old.
- Zajac deal - again, too long a deal and probably for too much per year for a #2 center who won;t get more than 50 points in any year now that Parise is gone.
- Salvador - again too long, 2 years would probably have been fine.
- Harrold, Tedenby, Olesz, all signed to one way contracts.
- resigning Harrold and Zidlicky essentially cost us Urbom. Bad asset management there.

Lou has backed himself into a corner with deals that are tough to trade out of thus rendering us stuck with these guys.

I think we need to think about moving Loktionov as I doubt he resigns with us again next year and he hasn't proven much thus far. Won't get much for him but I think we need to let Josefson play. He's better on faceoffs and is better defensively, and can play wing if need be. Lokti arguably has more offensive potential but that hasn;t shown through.
Rolston's contract handicapped us for a while. Clowe's will be similar sooner rather than later. It's easier to just talk about the GOOD contract's Lou has made, because there's far fewer.

B A T M A N

The only reason you don't give up 29 is if you're 100% sure the league is overturning their decision.
And you're a ****ing fool if you think the league will ever bend over backwards for a team that doesn't give them money. If this were Pittsburgh, there would be no problems whatsoever. But we aren't Sidney Crosby.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
What would it take to pry Doug Wilson from San Jose. They continue to draft well, develop well and win year in and year out. I am beginning to forget what that's like and soon there won't be any Devils with that DNA.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
If Lou thinks he can get the decision overturned, it's more of him thinking he can go back to the days where he got Stevens for compensation.

It's not happening. He ****ed up.

NHL Fanatik*

So the real question is from who and how are we getting our first this year? Who has multiple picks? Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad