Proposal: Is it the time for Carolina to get a real goalie?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That's not a terrible offer for Bobrovsky, but it won't make the Jackets move him either. Bob has let in one goal in each of his last two games, so he appears to have fixed his issues. If they do decide to move him, you can bet they'd get better offers elsewhere. There are 4-5 teams that are beyond desperate for saves and Rinne just got pulled off the market.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
If they really need the spot they could waive Darling, nobody will claim him, and call up Darling only for the games he plays. They should not help TOR.

You know they would still have to pay Darling right? Carolina isn’t one of those teams made of money. Help Toronto? Andersen and Sparks have been just fine lol

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
They are now. Cheapskate Karmanos is gone. Dundon is literally a BILLIONAIRE. He has stated (and has shown) that he will spend if it makes sense to spend. He is committed to making the Hurricanes relevant again.

Alright but is Darling head or shoulders worse than the other two that it would actually be worth for the Canes to do that? I don’t think so.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The proposal: Bob of Columbus has a .895 and 3.33 GAA. His value might not be high as you think. I wonder what team if any will pay him "too much" on a long term deal next summer.
Strange that Columbus has one of the worse GAA in the league with Bob and net, and the much revered RHD Jones.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Bruins could be a match with Rask and as Whaler above me put it, both teams are filled up on D.

Unironically the best deal could be something around Victor for Tuukka if it weren't for injuries.

Last edited:

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
They're cursed. The hockey gods have decided no one will ever be able to supersede and outperform Cam Ward.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Columbus should take that offer. It’s more than I’d offer from St. Louis.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
They should just bite the bullet get Price and try to be the late 90s/early 2000s Devils.

But it's Carolina so they will just leave the wound open and bleeding into another year of missing the playoffs. Same thing every year.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Would any 'Canes fans take a chance on Jake Allen? Like Bob, he is struggling right now, but perhaps a change of scenery, and/or playing behind a different system might see him return to form. Unlike Bob, he is signed for three more years. I would take the OP's offer of Mrazek and a 1st.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Someone was throwing around Primeau in one of the Montreal traded earlier. Speaking of bad trades, Primeau for Bean sounds about right

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Right now, getting a "real" goalie means we'd lose games 2-1 and 2-0 instead of 3-1 and 3-0. Goaltending isn't great (or even that good, really), but it isn't the major concern atm.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Would any 'Canes fans take a chance on Jake Allen? Like Bob, he is struggling right now, but perhaps a change of scenery, and/or playing behind a different system might see him return to form. Unlike Bob, he is signed for three more years. I would take the OP's offer of Mrazek and a 1st.

Wouldn't offer more than Darling straight up for Allen. No add either way; simple change of scenery hoping it kick-starts either one.

Reactions: DaveG

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Each year it is the same old story in Carolina, but even if it is still early, it seems even more obvious this year that the goaltenders are bringing this otherwise good team down.

PLAYERGPWLOTLGAASV%
Petr Mrazek83322.75.880
Curtis McElhinney43102.76.892
Scott Darling10103.12.903
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Toronto, New Jersey, San Jose have all recently spent 1st round picks to get their #1 goalies. Is it the time for Carolina to do the same?

What would be needed to get an established #1 goaltender in Carolina?

My proposal:

Carolina gets:

S. Bobrovsky

CBJ gets:

Mrazek, 1st round pick (top 10 protected) in 2019, conditional 2nd round pick if Bobrovsky resigns with Carolina.

Obviously, Carolina's new owner would have to be willing to spend some money for that deal to work out since they would have to try to sign the guy long term, and it won't be cheap.

Colombus takes the initiative and solve their disgruntled UFA situation, getting good assets in return... and I honestly think a tandem of Bobrovsky/McElhinney would do wonders for Carolina.

What do you think?

In a perfect world this works. In reality, bob is the only goalie woth two vezinas to his name in the league. Colombia will lose him for nothing before they send him to an eastern conference team for that. Is huge offer from the east or west he goes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->