Speculation: Is it the end for Howard?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I mean you're right. Howard is playing worse this year. It also only 11 games in for him tthough. I'm not really interested in writing him off that quickly, but lords knows Wings fans have been chomping at the bit to do that for like 10 seasons now, and here's the opportunity so I'm kinda not surprised. Betcha he levels out and is pretty acceptably average most of the year...
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Most coaches will go with the hot hand, and Bernier is playing "better" so it makes sense to start him until he craps the bed.

(By "better" I mean closer to mediocrity.)

Also, Howie's contract ends this season, Bernie is here for another season, so it actually makes more sense to let Bernie take the reigns and let Howie be the backup. I know this is a lot like the South Park election episode, but I'll take the less stinky of the two options.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Most coaches will go with the hot hand, and Bernier is playing "better" so it makes sense to start him until he craps the bed.

(By "better" I mean closer to mediocrity.)

Also, Howie's contract ends this season, Bernie is here for another season, so it actually makes more sense to let Bernie take the reigns and let Howie be the backup. I know this is a lot like the South Park election episode, but I'll take the less stinky of the two options.

I have no problem with Bernier taking the reigns full time (if he can handle them) I just doubt he'll hold up the whole season. My specific point is about Howard and that he's probably not "done" even if that is the cool kid opinion to have right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->