Is it safe to Drive to the game today?

skullsmasher

Feb 18, 2010
I'm considering buying last minute tickets on stubhub. Do you think it'll be safe to drive to Newark from Howell, New Jersey? Looking at the weather doesn't indicate much about the roads and I'm not sure how to figure this out

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
I'm considering buying last minute tickets on stubhub. Do you think it'll be safe to drive to Newark from Howell, New Jersey? Looking at the weather doesn't indicate much about the roads and I'm not sure how to figure this out

By me (About an hour from Newark) I would probably make the drive, I don't really think 78 is that bad at all

selyar

Need cupcakes?
Sep 1, 2010
New Jersey
we're making the drive from Belmar. just be careful, leave extra time. the main roads should be well treated and clear

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The major roads are clear. Leave early to give yourself extra time and use caution. But the storm is outta here and the major roads have been plowed,salted and treated clear.

I am talking about NJ major roads. Heard long island roads still a mess.

Last edited:

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
If you are driving to Pru Center from north, GSP to 280 is clear pavement whole way. Rt. 21 is very good.

Mulberry St. in front of arena is clear. They're still cleaning up Lafayette. NJ Transit Bus was being towed right outside practice rink.

Anyway, once I got off my local roads, it was as easy as you could ask for driving here.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
In addition to what Payce posted above a friend of mine confirmed that the roads around the arena are good. He took route 80 to 280and said no issues.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
You shouldn't drive in to Newark. My friend Barry was telling me you'll get mugged.
;-)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We only got about 4" to 11" of snow depending on where you live.

Honestly, this is no big deal in NJ and the media is scaring people and hyping the blizzard amounts that LI and CT received.

That, and the fact that some ***hole at The Weather Channel decided they could scare more people into getting television ratings by now naming snowstorms like hurricanes are named, hence "Nemo". ******* joke.

Last edited:

apice3*

Why not take the train? It's so damn convenient.

Depends where you come from.

I'm in Monmouth and taking the train is almost pointless now price wise. I never go by myself, usually with 1-3 other people. Parking at the Rock is 30 bucks at most, as cheap as 5 bucks if you park a few blocks away.

Train ticket round trip costs 20 each. 4 people makes 80 bucks just to get there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Took 35 minutes for me to get in from Morristown, like someone else said in the other thread, if you can get out of your driveway and the back roads by where you live aren't too bad, you can get to the game fine from north Jersey.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why not take the train? It's so damn convenient.

Not an option on the Morris/Essex line, thank goodness I found out driving was actually easier and saved time last year or I'd be home today.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
Because you'd rather deal with tornadoes and crippling Mississippi floods than an occasional snowstorm.

meh everywhere has some sort of bad weather, and we don't get floods here really...tornados on the other hand are pretty common...I do miss seeing the devils live though, only chance i get is when they come to play the blues like once every 2 years

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
my ****ing street hasnt even been plowed yet. and theyre giving me **** for not being able to make it to work. hold on, lemme grab my autogyro. ill be there as fast the great elk sails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->