Is it sacrilege to place Kucherov is the same tier as McDavid?

Is it sacrilege to place Kucherov in the same tier as McDavid?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Kucherov plays on a PP with Stamkos Point and Hedman. His linemates throughout the season have been Point and Gourde. Their forward group runs 9 deep. McDavid would have 120 points right now in Tampa and that's not even a debate. If we want to talk about who is having a better season, clearly it is Kuch and he will likely win a Hart but he's not in the same tier while being 3.5 years older and in his prime. Not close.
:rolleyes:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
McDavid wouldn't be playing 30 minutes a night and told not to worry about backchecking.

McDavid is a much better defender than Kucherov not sure where you got that bogus idea from hence the fact he has double the takeaways (78 to 38). Kuch also got 12 more PP points. And last time I checked, Point and Gourde were better 2 way players than Kuch all the while he's a winger with less defensive responsibilities. Try again?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kucherov plays on a PP with Stamkos Point and Hedman. His linemates throughout the season have been Point and Gourde. Their forward group runs 9 deep. McDavid would have 120 points right now in Tampa and that's not even a debate. If we want to talk about who is having a better season, clearly it is Kuch and he will likely win a Hart but he's not in the same tier while being 3.5 years older and in his prime. Not close.

Do him a favor and disband your embarrassment of a team.

Reactions: The Macho Man

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
McDavid is a much better defender than Kucherov not sure where you got that bogus idea from hence the fact he has double the takeaways (78 to 38). Kuch also got 12 more PP points. And last time I checked, Point and Gourde were better 2 way players than Kuch all the while he's a winger with less defensive responsibilities. Try again?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
McDavid is a much better defender than Kucherov not sure where you got that bogus idea from hence the fact he has double the takeaways (78 to 38). He's also got 12 more PP points. And last time I checked, Point and Gourde were better 2 way players than Kuch all the while he's a winger with less defensive responsibilities. Try again?

So McDavid sucks on the PP, thanks for confirmation.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
So we got 2 HF Lifer Tampa fans defending the 26 year old versus a 22 year old on a pathetic team. You both know the truth I don't need to continue :)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So we got 2 HF Lifer Tampa fans defending the 26 year old versus a 22 year old on a pathetic team. You both know the truth I don't need to continue :)

We got a guy sad enough to have "Connor" in his name twice defending a 3rd place scorer. You might want to consider Kucher McArtRoss next year, it'll get you in 1st for once.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'd actually partially fault McDavid for his own demise, no one forced him to sign for 8 years there.

Reactions: The Macho Man

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Nope, he's got the numbers and you watch his game and he's legit.

Would he have as good numbers without playing on such a strong team? no, but who would? And a scrub or even a just good player wouldn't put up his numbers playing with really good players either. It's a reciprocal relationship and he's a great offensive player who is able to take maximum advantage.

The guy is an elite talent, just watch him play .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You have GOT to be f***ing kidding me. Is there a rule somewhere that says "No one is EVER allowed to be at McDavid's level except McDavid"?

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
You have GOT to be ****ing kidding me. Is there a rule somewhere that says "No one is EVER allowed to be at McDavid's level except McDavid"?
This is the problem. He was annointed from day one as the top guy. And this season there's been at least 2 guys better than him. His game doesn't seem to have improved massively this year from the (admittedly little) 20~ games I have watched him. Another poster from another thread mentioned bad habits creeping into his game and that's 100% true. I also haven't seen that insane drive Crosby had where from one off season to the next he'd have taken a great skill he had and made it elite (wrist shot, backhand, tips, grinding, cycle game, backcheck)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
59 points in 62 playoff games. PPG last year. Guy sure knows how to disappear. At least in comparison to McDavid's tremendous, illustrious Playoff numbers of... 9 points in 13 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
As good as 99 in 60 games looks, McDavid would have more than that if he was on Tampa

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
As good as 99 in 60 games looks, McDavid would have more than that if he was on Tampa

Based on what exactly? What has McDavid done to make you think this? Or rather what didn't Kucherov do to think that he couldn't do what he is doing?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
McDavid ruined Daver's dreams but Kucherov has brought them back to life

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I mean, since the start of 2016-17 now Kucherov has:

Outscored
and
Outpointed

McDavid both in P/60 and P/GP...

That is a ~220 game sample.

Now I still think McDavid is better, but Kucherov has put himself in that tier now.

Reactions: geoo9

illpucks

May 26, 2011
McDavid
Eichel

Nope

McDavid
Matthews

Nope

McDavid
Kucherov

Yep, finally!