Is it sacrilege to place Kucherov is the same tier as McDavid?

Is it sacrilege to place Kucherov in the same tier as McDavid?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Depends on your tiers. Both are NHL pros. That can be a tier. McDavid's better though.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It is a little insulting to assume that McDavid is remotely close to Kucherov. I wouldn't say it's sacrilege though.

Reactions: bert

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
People can talk about linemates all they want but McDavid is at best as good as Kucherov this season. Overall probably will be better going forward but right now Kucherov is the best player in hockey, extremely close between him, McDavid and Kane. Crosby would be the clear #4 this season.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Mr Kucherov, Your thoughts?

J0oXAhP.gif

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He’s ridiculous but he wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing if he were in Edmonton.

By the same token, put a lot of other elite and skilled guys in Tampa and they don’t put up his numbers either.

It’s hard to judge how good he really is. I’d take McDavid and Crosby over him if I had a choice for the stretch run and playoffs and maybe a couple or few other guys too.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
How many Art Ross' does Kucherov have? How many times has he hit 100 points? 1 you say, then no he is not on the same tier as McDavid.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
The linemate argument is tired. I don’t think it’s fair to assume that if you switched the 2 that their numbers would swap as well. Both are guys who are gonna put up points no matter who you put them with. McDavid is in a great position to put up points; he’s one of only 3 Oilers that you would actually expect to score on any given day.

Kucherov is obviously having the better season. I still think McDavid is the better player, but Kucherov has obviously been better this season.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No, it’s not sacrilege. At the very minimum, Kucherov has a legit argument that he’s in the same tier and is undoubtedly having a better season.

By the same token, if every single NHL player was up for a redraft, I believe all 31 GMs would draft McDavid #1.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
The Oiler mob will be knocking on your door shortly for even uttering such nonsense.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
McDavid is the better player, and has the awards to back it up. Kucherov is having as good, if not a better season though.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Kucherov plays on a PP with Stamkos Point and Hedman. His linemates throughout the season have been Point and Gourde. Their forward group runs 9 deep. McDavid would have 120 points right now in Tampa and that's not even a debate. If we want to talk about who is having a better season, clearly it is Kuch and he will likely win a Hart but he's not in the same tier while being 3.5 years older and in his prime. Not close.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov plays on a PP with Stamkos Point and Hedman. His linemates throughout the season have been Point and Gourde. Their forward group runs 9 deep. McDavid would have 120 points right now in Tampa and that's not even a debate. If we want to talk about who is having a better season, clearly it is Kuch and he will likely win a Hart but he's not in the same tier while being 3.5 years older and in his prime. Not close.
McDavid wouldn't be playing 30 minutes a night and told not to worry about backchecking.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
still is, but significantly less so than on day 1 of the season.

shaping up to be Crosby/Ovechkin 2.0

I'd say it's more like Crosby/Kane 2.0. In that, one is the better player over the course of a period of time, but the other is capable of being the better player/higher scorer in a particular season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->