WJC: Is it really possible for Sweden to beat the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sweden could certainly win, they are one of the top 2 teams in this tournament. Unfortunately for them, so is USA, and they've got plenty of returning players from last year's gold medal game who have experience winning these big games.

I expect to the winner of this game to win the tournament, and the loser to capture bronze. These two teams are IMO a level above the rest.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Sweden could certainly win, they are one of the top 2 teams in this tournament. Unfortunately for them, so is USA, and they've got plenty of returning players from last year's gold medal game who have experience winning these big games.

I expect to the winner of this game to win the tournament, and the loser to capture bronze. These two teams are IMO a level above the rest.

Definitely don't think Canada is a level below USA and Sweden.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Definitely don't think Canada is a level below USA and Sweden.

I think they are a good team and could win gold (anything's possible in single elimination), but I don't think they have the star power of Sweden or depth of USA. They've got great goaltending though.

Reactions: Dodospice

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Sweden has looked bad this tournament, and yes history matters. How many times have Sweden defeated Canada or USA in elimination. Zero times.
well Sweden will have to get great games from certain players ,dahlen hasn't been great ,I think liligren will step up with the physical side ,this game wil be at the speed of AHL hockey ,I look for nylander to show up too .
it ;; be a physical US team

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Haven't seen the Swedish team play yet this tournament so I have no idea, thanks for letting me weigh in on this important issue folks

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
well Sweden will have to get great games from certain players ,dahlen hasn't been great ,I think liligren will step up with the physical side ,this game wil be at the speed of AHL hockey ,I look for nylander to show up too .
it ;; be a physical US team
What makes you say that? Do you watch a lot of Timrå games?

Reactions: feffan and JimboA

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I thought it was obvious that this game is a tossup. I think Sweden and the US have such high end talent that this team will come down to how determined each team is; who wants to win more.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The strawman says hello, as does Slovakia.

Check his location and it will all make sense....

But seriously, with the way Sweden can move the puck from the back end, I wouldn't count them out against anyone.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think they are a good team and could win gold (anything's possible in single elimination), but I don't think they have the star power of Sweden or depth of USA. They've got great goaltending though.

They are deeper than both teams actually, as for stars up front yes the Swedes and USA have more but the difference isnt that large at this level. All three teams could walk away with winning it all. I dont see why Sweden has 'no chance' here I think its a toss up as well.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
What an awful thread that seems to have no purpose but to create negative conversation.

Can we at least keep the childish fighting to the pro level.

These are kids, lets just enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I doubt the OP is serious. Of course, Sweden can beat the US. Any of the big teams can beat any of the other big teams. What serious fans don’t know that? Will the Swedes win today? Who knows? That’s why I intend to watch the game.

Reactions: Kyndig

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So can we have another thread like this for the finals? It seems to have worked :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad